Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Looking for the best honeymoon destinations in the USA?
First of all, congratulations! This is such an exciting time for you and your love!
Planning the honeymoon is easily one of the most exciting and fun parts of wedding planning in general!
And while at first, it sounds like a challenge to find the best honeymoon spots in the US, this list is meant to help you narrow down your choices to create the perfect honeymoon in the USA that’ll be unforgettable!
Without further ado, let’s break down the 28 best honeymoon destinations in the USA that you’ll want to book ASAP!
Table of Contents
Best Honeymoon Destinations in the USA
As no two honeymoon spots in the USA, or honeymooners for that matter, are alike, we’re breaking the list down even further into categories that best fit your needs including best beach destinations, cities, national parks, and truly beautiful destinations you can’t miss.
These are hands-down the best honeymoon destinations in the USA!
Best Beach US Honeymoon Destinations
Whether you enjoy crystal clear waters, surfing the waves, or charming beach towns, these are great honeymoon spots in the US for beach lovers.
1. Key West, Florida is Easily One of the Best Honeymoon Places in the USA
The Conch Republic has so much to offer for honeymooners from beautiful beaches to exciting bars on Duval Street.
If you’re looking for beautiful clearwater beaches and Caribbean vibes, then Key West is your answer for a gorgeous US honeymoon spot!
Beaches that you’ll want to visit during your time in Key West include the lovely Smathers Beach with almost 2 miles of white sand, Clarence S. Higgs Memorial Beach Park where you’ll find plenty of opportunities for water sports, and Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, which is part of a state park and the beach is great for snorkeling or diving!
When it comes to where to stay, Margaritaville Beach House Key West is the way to go! It is steps from Smathers Beach as well as the old town!
PS- This is a great warm winter getaway too!
Things to do in Key West:
- Explore the beaches like those mentioned above plus Rest Beach, South Beach, or the dog-friendly Dog Beach.
- Visit the Hemingway House and the iconic 6-toed cats
- Go on a sunset sailing cruise
- Take a day trip to Dry Tortugas National Park via catamaran
- Drink your way through Duval Street
- Spot the Key West Lighthouse
- Eat all the key lime pie, conch fritters, Cuban food, and drink some Cuban coffee
- Catch a sunset on Mallory Square
2. Kauai, Hawaii
I mean… you can’t not talk about Hawaii when mentioning the best honeymoon places in the USA!
Known as the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is well known for its stunning mountains, jaw-droppingly beautiful beaches, and adventurous hikes! If you are a couple that enjoys a bit of relaxation as well as exciting experiences, then Kauai is the place for you!
As we are talking about beaches here, some amazing beaches you’ll want to add to your list for Kauai include Hanalei Bay with coral reefs, stunning views of the mountains, and great spots to go surfing, Tunnels Beach for amazing snorkeling, Ke’e Beach on the Na Pali Coast for calm, clear waters, and so many more!
I mean, there are stunning beaches on the north, south, east, and west of this island!
As far as where to stay, the Hanalei Bay Resort is a dreamy oasis where you’ll either have views of the mountains or the beach. It is also closer to some of the best beaches on the north shore!
Things to do in Kauai, Hawaii:
- Rent a car and find the best beaches all around Kauai
- Snorkel, dive, paddleboard, or perhaps take up surfing at said beaches
- Take a sunset cruise along the Na Pali Coast
- Go on hikes like the Kalalau Trail, Canyon Trail, or Kalalau Trail
- Go ziplining in Poipu
- Take a helicopter tour over Waimea Canyon and the Na Pali Coast
3. Martha’s Vineyard
Charming homes, beautiful beaches, and dreamy lighthouses await you at Martha’s Vineyard. This is one of the best honeymoons in the US if you’re looking for places to go in the northeast!
Take a flight or ferry over to Martha’s Vineyard to enjoy this beautiful island! Some of the best beaches to explore include Long Point Wildlife Refuge for swimming and sunbathing plus hiking on the nature trail, Joseph Sylvia State Beach for calm waters that are great for swimming or paddle boarding, or head over to East Beach on Chappaquiddick Island, which is great for bird watching, swimming, and walking.
When it comes to where to stay on Martha’s Vineyard, an adorable B&B is a must. Isabelle’s Beach House is perfect for its cozy rooms, beautiful ocean views, and is within walking distance to both Inkwell Beach and Oak Bluffs Town Beach.
Things to do on Martha’s Vineyard:
- Explore more beaches around the island! There are several beautiful beaches to see.
- Spot the 5 lighthouses on Martha’s Vineyard
- Admire the views of the Aquinnah Cliffs
- Spot charming houses around the island
- Rent a bike and zip around the island
4. San Diego, California Is One of the Best Honeymoon Ideas in the US
San Diego is a fabulous spot to add to a California honeymoon itinerary. From the amazing beaches all around including Pacific Beach, Coronado Beach, and La Jolla, to the amazing restaurants and breweries, there are plenty of things to do in San Diego to fill up your time!
If you plan to stick to the beach during your time in San Diego, then Hotel del Coronado is where to stay! This is an iconic hotel and right on the shores of Coronado Beach!
If you prefer to stay in San Diego, the Pendry San Diego in the Gaslamp District is a great spot to base yourself! Either way, you can’t go wrong in one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA!
Things to do in San Diego:
- Take a sea kayaking tour around La Jolla Cove
- Spot the sea lions and seals in La Jolla Cove
- Eat as many tacos as possible around the city
- Visit the gardens around Balboa Park
- Spend a day exploring the San Diego Zoo
- Explore Torey Pines State Reserve
- Take a sunset cruise around San Diego Bay
5. Neskowin, Oregon is One of the Hidden Gems for USA Honeymoon Ideas
Oregon is one of the most beautiful states in the USA. With mountains, beaches, lush forests, and ample wildlife, the whole state is worth a trip on a honeymoon.
However, if you are here for the beaches, then Neskowin is a fabulous destination to choose! This beach town is only about 2 hours from Portland, Oregon, so if you prefer to spend a few days in Portland before heading to the beach, that is a great idea too!
Neskowin Beach is the main attraction here, including the beautiful Proposal Rock. Renting a beach house is the way to go in Neskowin, and this adorable beach cottage has views of Proposal Rock and the beach!
Things to do in Neskowin:
- Enjoy the beach and Proposal Rock
- Spot the famous Haystack Rock about 20 minutes north
- Explore tide pools in the area
- Take in a beautiful sunset from the beach
- Go golfing at Neskowin Beach Golf Course
- Visit Depoe Bay, known as the whaling capital of the Oregon Coast
- Enjoy tasty breweries in the area including Pelican Brewing, Beachcrest Brewing Company, and even check out McMenamins Lighthouse Brewpub
6. Maui, Hawaii
Hawaii is obviously known for its stunning beaches. Being an island state that makes total sense. So I couldn’t just only include Kauai on this list for beach honeymoon destinations in the US.
Maui is a lovers’ paradise. There are lovely beaches, romantic waterfalls, charming towns, and, of course, the famed Road to Hana.
Some beaches you’ll want to check out in Maui include ever-popular Ka’anapali Beach with 3 miles of sandy coastline and crystal clear waters, the black sand beach at Wai’anapanapa State Park, and Kapalua Bay is known as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and is a great area to spot sea turtles.
Maui is full of resort hotels, but honeymooners who love attention to detail will love Ho’oilo House. Maui’s most luxurious B&B has incredible rooms, an amazing pool that overlooks the ocean, and is very close to the lovely town of Lahaina.
Things to do in Maui:
- Beach hopping!
- Take a snorkeling and sailing trip
- Go on a guided waterfall and rainforest hike
- Take a scenic helicopter flight
- Drive, or better yet go on a Road to Hana tour (save yourself from that stress!)
- Go whale watching
- Check out all the incredible farms on the island including pineapple, dragon fruit, lavender, coffee, and more!
7. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
There are many reasons to love Hilton Head Island. First of all, this laid back island paradise has soft, sandy beaches, amazing bike paths, tasty food, and it is near other amazing places to explore like Savannah and Tybee Island!
Folly Field Beach Park is a great place to sunbathe and swim as well as catch a glorious sunrise! Coligny Beach is great as it is near some fantastic beachside bars, and Islanders Beach is a cool hangout spot to chill out for a day.
If you’re planning a honeymoon to Hilton Head, definitely stay at the Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island. This place has lovely amenities from amazing pools, a spa, great restaurants, and on-site bike rentals- the preferred way to explore this island!
Things to do on Hilton Head Island:
- Have many beach days and enjoy some beachside bars
- Bike all over the island
- Go hiking at Sea Pines Forest Preserve
- Go kayaking around the island
- Take a romantic sunset cruise
- Go shopping at Coligny Plaza Shopping Center
- Try your hand at golfing
Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in the USA For City Lovers
If you’re planning an exciting city honeymoon in the US, there are SO many amazing places to consider! We’re listing out 6 here that include laid-back vibes, amazing culture, and more!
8. New York City is One of the Best Places to Honeymoon in the US
If we’re talking about US honeymoon destinations that are cities, a trip to NYC has to top the list!
New York has it all from michelin-starred restaurants, Broadway, museums, architecture, unique neighborhoods, and more that make spending a honeymoon here an amazing way to kick off married life!
For a truly romantic hotel in New York City, stay at the Greenwich Hotel. This place is stunning with a drawing room and courtyard, spa, restaurant, and luxurious rooms.
For the more budget-conscious, because let’s be real NYC can be quite expensive, the Warwick New York Hotel has cozy, romantic rooms that won’t set you back too much.
While I could never actually list everything there is to see and do in NYC, here are some highlights for a honeymoon trip!
Things to do in New York City:
- Explore Times Square
- Watch a show on Broadway
- Dine at a Michelin-starred restaurant. We loved Per Se!
- Take a food tour around the city or create your own bagel or pizza tour!
- Head to Ellis Island and see the Statue of Liberty
- Walk around Central Park
- Explore the MET and 9/11 Memorial and Museum
- During the summer, eat to your heart’s content at Smorgasburg
- Visit Chelsea Market
- Walk along the High Line
9. Miami, Florida
If you love cities and beaches and can’t decide which to choose for your honeymoon, then Miami, Florida is the perfect choice!
Full of culture, beaches, street art, and amazing food, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Miami!
For a lovely hotel in Miami, check out Mr. C Miami – Coconut Grove. This place offers exclusive access to Miami Beach, has a luxurious pool overlooking the beach with a poolside bar, and a spa to pamper yourself.
Things to do in Miami:
- Sun yourself at Miami Beach
- Explore the food and culture of Little Havana
- Witness the incredible Wynwood Walls, the largest open-air street-art installation in the world!
- Take a day trip to Everglades National Park
- Admire the breathtaking trees and plants at the Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden
- Take a food and cultural walking tour
- Go on an Art Deco walking tour
10. Savannah, Georgia
Cities are a great idea for honeymoons in the USA, but what about a city where time slows down just a little bit? A city where southern cuisine reigns supreme, mossy trees and rushing fountains are all over the city in lovely squares, and charming homes are a sight to see at every corner; that is Savannah.
Plus, the city allows you to drink alcohol outside in the Historic District as long as it is in a plastic cup, so you can stroll hand in hand with a cocktail in the other. Instead of wild and sometimes crazy New Orleans, Savannah is a great spot to go instead.
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Savannah, River Street Inn is a lovely boutique hotel that was built from a converted 200-year old cotton warehouse. It is also within steps of many attractions in the Historic District!
Things to do in Savannah:
- Explore the riverfront area
- Visit Bonaventure Cemetery
- Enjoy amazing cuisine from the Olde Pink House to The Grey
- Visit historic religious sites such as the First African Baptist Church, the Second African Baptist Church, Congregation Mickve Israel, and Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist.
- Explore the beaches at Tybee Island for a day or for a couple of days!
- Stroll through Forsyth Park
- Go on a ghost tour
11. One of the Best City Honeymoon Destinations in the USA: Seattle
Seattle has so much to offer for honeymooners! Craft breweries, hip coffee shops, amazing museums and sights to see, and even romantic places to go for a stroll make this place a honeymoon dream.
Spending a few days in Seattle or more is a fabulous way to start a lovely Pacific Northwest honeymoon together! The Fairmont Olympic Hotel – Seattle is a great place to stay during your trip to Seattle. With lovely guest rooms, a delightful spa, and a gorgeous bar and lounge, you’ll love this dreamy oasis in the heart of Seattle.
Things to do in Seattle:
- Explore the amazing coffee shops and breweries in the area
- Visit Pioneer Square
- Grab a bite to eat or just enjoy all the sights, sounds, and smells of Pike Place Market
- Leave your mark on the gum wall outside of Pike Place Market
- Visit the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden & Glass
- Stroll along the Puget Sound and see the Olympic Sculpture Park
- Take the ferry to Bainbridge Island to go kayaking, biking, or enjoy wine at a winery or two
- Snap a photo of the Fremont Troll
- Take a day trip to either Mt Rainier National Park or Olympic National Park
12. San Francisco, California & Napa Valley
Okay, I’m not going to lie, I added San Francisco to this list because, 1) it’s really amazing and 2) it is a great place to start before also exploring Napa Valley!
So yes, you’re getting a 2-for-1 deal on this one. However, both places are well worth it for a honeymoon destination in the USA! Start by visiting San Francisco, then head up north to see the redwoods at Muir Woods National Monument before enjoying the wineries and glorious vineyards of Napa Valley.
For San Francisco, stay at Hotel VIA. This boutique hotel offers an incredible rooftop bar and lounge and stunning rooms with great views.
For Napa Valley, stay in Alila Napa Valley. This place offers rooms with views of the vineyard and mountains, and they have a spa, lovely pool, and great restaurant.
Things to do in San Francisco and Napa Valley:
- Snap photos at Golden Gate Bridge
- Sail to Alcatraz Island
- Admire the scenic (and really steep) Lombard Street
- Enjoy the iconic Painted Ladies
- Visit the Japanese Tea Garden
- Take a Chinatown food walking tour
- Admire the redwoods at Muir Woods
- Sip wine around Napa Valley and Sonoma
- Ride the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant like French Laundry
13. Austin, Texas
Those who enjoy beer, tacos, great bars, and getting out on the water will love Austin, Texas for a honeymoon in the US!
This place offers so much, especially for craft beer loves and foodies! As far as where to stay in Austin, Hotel Zaza Austin is perfect with its rooftop pool and cabana bar, amazing rooms, restaurant and bar, and relaxing spa.
Things to do in Austin:
- Go on a brewery tour or find some incredible breweries like Zilker Brewing Company and Taproom, Austin Beerworks, or St. Elmo Brewing Company
- Take a food tour of the secret, amazing spots around the city!
- Admire the murals around the city
- Kayak or paddleboard on Lady Bird Lake
- Go tubing down the river or cool off at Barton Springs
- Eat all the amazing tacos and BBQ around the city
- Watch the bats fly out into the night from Congress Avenue Bridge
- Take a day trip to Texas Hill Country wineries
14. Asheville, NC is One of the Top Honeymoon Destinations in the US
Whether you enjoy delicious cuisine and beer or you both enjoy mountain scenery, Asheville, North Carolina, is the place to go for a US honeymoon destination.
From the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains to the sprawling Biltmore Estate, Asheville is a lovely place for honeymooners in the US who wish to hike, relax, and enjoy time dining and sipping beers around this eclectic town.
For a fantastic honeymoon hotel in Asheville, the Omni Grove Park Inn has amazing views of the city and mountains, plus you’ll feel absolutely pampered at the spa and pools at this hotel.
Things to do in Asheville:
- Visit the exciting Biltmore Estate
- Go kayaking on the French Board River
- Take a zipline tour nearby
- Explore the many breweries in the area on a brewery tour
- Go hiking or horseback riding
- Explore the River Arts Distrcit
Best National Parks For Honeymoons in the USA
National parks are always beautiful to visit. They each have their own things to offer as well, making so many perfect for honeymooners. Whether you are into adventures like hiking or kayaking or you want to admire jaw-dropping scenery and wildlife, these national parks are perfect for your honeymoon.
15. Glacier National Park, Montana
Glacier National Park is a dream come true destination for honeymooners. With ample wildlife watching opportunities from black and brown bears to bighorn sheep as well as stunning mountains and mountain lakes, a honeymoon in this part of the country will leave you in wonder just from its beauty.
There are so many amazing things to see in Glacier National Park, so a full week here is a good idea for a national park honeymoon! When it comes to where to stay, Lake McDonald Lodge on the edge of Lake McDonald is the way to go.
Take in stunning views over Lake McDonald at this lodge and stay in either one of their rooms or cabins. This place also has several restaurants and lounges.
Things to do in Glacier National Park:
- Go kayaking, swimming, or just hang out and admire the views at one of the many lakes like Lake McDonald, Saint Mary Lake, Avalanche Lake, Two Medicine Lake, or many more
- Get adventurous and go on some amazing hikes like the Highline Trial, Grinnell Glacier, Hidden Lake Overlook, Avalanche Lake, and St. Mary and Virginia Falls
- Drive along Going-to-the-Sun-Road
- Eat Huckleberry everything!
- Catch a sunset, and stay after dark- it is an International Dark Sky Park!
16. Acadia National Park in Maine is One of the Best Honeymoon Destinations in the USA
Acadia National Park in Maine is such a dreamy place to visit. With stunning and rugged coastlines, amazing mountains, and even lighthouses and charming towns nearby, it is no wonder that this is a popular spot for adventurous couples in the summer and fall!
This place has lovely and quaint rooms and is within walking distance to many of Bar Harbor’s attractions.
Things to do in Acadia National Park:
- Go hiking along exciting trails like the Beehive Trail, the Jordan Cliffs Trail, or the Beech Cliff Ladder Trail
- Watch the sunrise over Cadillac Mountain
- Watch the waves crash into the rocks at Thunder Hole
- Drive and admire the scenery around Park Loop Road
- Admire the beaches and lakes in the area
- Take a boat tour along the coast
- Explore Bar Harbor and the many breweries and restaurants in the area
17. Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee and North Carolina
Whether you are planning a honeymoon around Tennessee or you want to explore this amazing national park for your honeymoon trip, the Great Smoky Mountains are truly stunning no matter the time of year you visit! Spending at least 3 days in the Smokies is a great way to enjoy a romantic honeymoon!
Also, you can be as active on this trip as you want! You can admire mountain views from your cabin in nearby Gatlinburg, or you can hike, swim, or bike in many areas within the park itself!
When it comes to where to stay near the Great Smoky Mountains, a cabin is a must. This particular cabin offers panoramic views of the mountains from the balcony, on which there is also a hot tub.
Things to do in the Great Smoky Mountains:
- Go on some incredible hikes in the Smokies like Mt. Cammerer, Mt. LeConte, Baskin Creek Falls, and Ramsey Cascades
- Drive, hike, or bike along Cades Cove
- Try to spot black bears! But be careful, of course!
- Explore nearby Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville and their many attractions
- Enjoy great breweries and distilleries in the nearby area
- Try your luck at the Firefly lottery in the summertime to watch these bugs light up the night sky!
18. Yellowstone National Park in Montana and Wyoming
If geysers and wildlife are your things, then a honeymoon to Yellowstone National Park should absolutely be on your bucket list for the best honeymoon destinations in the USA!
Spot bison and grizzly bears while exploring the landscapes, feel like you’re in another world at places like the Grand Prismatic Spring or Old Faithful Geyser, or stand in awe at the beauty of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
If you want to stay in the park, book early! Lake Yellowstone Hotel is very popular and in a fantastic location for exploring!
Things to do in Yellowstone National Park:
- Admire wildlife in the Lamar Valley and Hayden Valley
- Watch the waterfall at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- Watch Old Faithful reliably go off
- Admire the Grand Prismatic Spring, Castle Geyser, Morning Glory Pool, and so many more geysers and pools
- Feel awestruck by Mammoth Hot Springs
- Take in the view of Norris Geyser Basin
- Take a dip in the Boiling River
- Go kayaking on Yellowstone Lake
19. Yosemite National Park, California
Beautiful mountain views, adventurous hikes, and towering waterfalls are all amazing attractions that make Yosemite National Park a honeymooners dream destination.
Whether you want to drive along for the scenery or get some elevation gains on a hike, this is a fantastic national park!
The Ahwahnee is a fantastic place to stay for your honeymoon! This place is super close to amazing attractions like Half Dome! Plus, they have a heated swimming pool, bar/lounge, and even daily afternoon tea.
Things to do in Yosemite National Park:
- Admire Yosemite’s beauty from Tunnel View
- Witness Half Dome, or hike it! But you’ll need a permit for the hike.
- Spot Yosemite Falls
- Stargaze or admire the views during the day of Half Dome, Yosemite Valley, and Yosemite Falls at Glacier Point
- Trek up El Capitan
- Admire giant sequoia at Mariposa Grove
- Visit thundering Bridalveil Fall
20. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
To wrap up some incredible national parks that also make for amazing US honeymoon destinations is Grand Canyon National Park.
This jaw dropping canyon is definitely worth a visit for photography lovers as well as adventurers!
As far as where to stay near the Grand Canyon, El Tovar Hotel is a great place that is right next to the edge of the Grand Canyon!
Things to do in and around Grand Canyon National Park:
- Try to get a reservation and take the hike to Havasu Falls nearby
- Visit the enchanting Horseshoe Bend
- Walk along the Grand Canyon Skywalk
- For the truly adventurous, go white water rafting on the river
- Admire the view from the north and south rims
- Ride the Grand Canyon Railway
Truly Beautiful and Unique US Honeymoon Spots
While there are plenty of beautiful beaches, exciting cities, and incredible national parks to spend your honeymoon in, there are also some incredible spots around the country that are just gorgeous places to go. So if you’re searching for a fun and unique place to honeymoon, look no further than these places!
21. Road Trip Through Alaska
We know that Alaskan cruises are popular among families, honeymooners, and more, but going on an exciting road trip through Alaska is well worth it!
Visit exciting national parks like Denali National Park, spot wildlife, and enjoy some incredible cities on a wildly romantic trip to Alaska.
Amazing Stops for Your Alaska Honeymoon Road Trip:
- Explore the lovely city of Anchorage to kick off your trip
- Spot glaciers, mountain lakes, and beaches as you hike in Kachemak Bay State Park outside of Homer
- Take a flight over to Katmai National Park to see grizzly bears at a salmon run
- Admire sealife from humpback whales to sea otters, amazing fjords, and stunning glaciers in Kenai Fjords National Park near Seward
- Explore Hatcher Pass and Matanuska Glacier
- Hike around Denali National Park
22. Door County, Wisconsin is a Dreamy Honeymoon Spot in the US
Whether you are searching for summer or the best fall honeymoon destinations in the USA, Door County fits the bill! This place offers dreamy views of the lake, great wineries, pretty hikes, and lovely restaurants that’ll make your romantic trip here remarkable.
As far as where to stay in Door County, The Foxglove Inn offers spacious suites with stunning furnishings and the owners are there to arrange anything you need from spa treatments to sailing excursions!
Things to do in Door County:
- Go kayaking around Baileys Harbor for shipwrecks, Washington Island, or Mink River for birdwatching
- Explore the various beaches including Rock Island State Park, Schoolhouse Beach Park, and Sister Bay Beach
- Drive along the stunning Door County Coastal Byway
- Try anything cherry!
- Go boating, sailing, or paddling
- Admire stunning lighthouses
- Explore the Door County Wine Trail
23. Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara is no stranger to honeymooners and it is easy to see why. From the amazing city and beaches to the cutest Danish town of Solvang and the surrounding wineries, Santa Barbara County is an idyllic place to have a romantic honeymoon!
If you plan to stay in the city of Santa Barbara, then Santa Barbara Inn is perfect for you. This charming hotel is across the street from the beach, has a pool, and offers stunning views and beautiful rooms.
Things to do in Santa Barbara County:
- Enjoy the beaches around Santa Barbara
- Visit the Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Try the wineries both in downtown Santa Barbara as well as the wineries and vineyards in and around Solvang
- Explore the charming town of Solvang and visit the windmills, Little Mermaid Statue, and wooden shoe!
- Go hiking in the area to places like Nojoqui Falls and Gaviota Peak Trail
24. A Vermont Fall Road Trip Makes For One of the Best Honeymoon Destinations in the USA
Another road trip makes the list for unique honeymoons in the US! Vermont in the fall is truly a thing of wonder. With crisp fall foliage and charming towns, it is definitely a romantic getaway destination.
We went on a Vermont road trip last fall and fell head over heels for places like Stowe, Killington, Burlington, and the Northeast Kingdom!
Things to do in Vermont:
- Drive up through Smugglers Notch in Stowe
- Go on stunning fall foliage hikes like Killington Peak, Stowe Pinnacle, and Sterling Pond
- Spot lovely covered bridges
- Pick apples at a charming orchard and enjoy apple cider and apple cider donuts from Cold Hollow Cider Mill
- Go searching for moose or mountain biking in the Northeast Kingdom
- Enjoy the beautiful town of Woodstock
- Catch a sunset along Lake Champlain in Burlington
25. Northern Michigan Road Trip
The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a stunning place for honeymooners. Another popular place for a fall honeymoon destination, the Upper Peninsula offers crystal clear waters, stunning views, and sleepy towns to enjoy!
A fall road trip is the best way to see all there is to do in the area too!
Things to do in the Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan:
- Take a horse drawn carriage ride on Mackinac Island
- Bike around Mackinac Island
- Chase waterfalls in Tahquamenon Falls State Park
- Visit Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- Admire the incredible natural spring called Kitch-iti-kipi
- Explore the exciting Traverse City
- Sip wine in the Leelanau Peninsula
26. Willamette Valley, Oregon
Oregon is definitely one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA, as mentioned above, but this time instead of beaches, this is for the wine lovers!
Known for its Pinot Noirs, Willamette Valley offers stunning views of mountains and vineyards. If you are a fan of this delicious varietal, then a honeymoon in the Willamette Valley is the way to go!
A lovely place to stay in the Willamette Valley has to be the Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard. This place has views of its very own vineyard, rolling hills, and even forests of Douglas Fir trees.
Things to do in the Willamette Valley:
- This is obvious, but exploring the wineries! Aside from trying the wine at Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard, Utopia Vineyard & Winery, Yamhill Valley Vineyards, Argyle Winery, and Elk Cove Vineyards are fantastic
- Relax at a spa
- Drive through the area to take in the views
- Chase waterfalls in the area
- Spend some time in nearby Portland, Oregon
27. Finger Lakes, New York is One of the Best Honeymoon Destinations in the USA
Stunning waterfalls, dreamy wineries, and amazing lakes all describe the perfect honeymoon in the Finger Lakes. Whether you only have a few days for a minimoon in the Finger Lakes or are spending 10 days or more, the chance to visit these unique lakes in New York is certainly romantic.
For the ultimate romance, be sure to stay at a charming bed and breakfast like Sunrise Landing. Located along Seneca Lake, you’re in a perfect location for exploring both Watkins Glen (pictured above) and the Seneca Lake Wine Trail.
Things to do in the Finger Lakes:
- Explore the 4 famous wine trails including the Seneca Lake Wine Trail, Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, Keuka Lake Wine Trail, and Canandaigua Lake Wine Trail
- Go on hikes at Watkins Glen and Taughannock Falls
- Drink beer on the Finger Lakes Beer Trail
- Visit the exciting town of Ithaca
- Admire the Corning Museum of Glass
- Get out on the lakes!
- Visit the Ithaca Farmer’s Market
28. Disney World, Florida
The happiest place on earth makes for a perfect USA honeymoon destination! Disney World in Orlando, Florida offers a multitude of adventures from eating around the world in Epcot to exciting rides throughout the park.
For a romantic honeymoon-worthy Disney resort, opt for the luxurious Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. This resort is full of charm from its Victorian elegance to the incredible orchestra in the lobby. Plus, you can indulge in spa treatments here and even take a dip in their lovely pool.
Things to do in Disney World:
- Eat (and drink!) your way around Epcot
- Visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Get a photoshoot done with a Disney Memory Maker purchase
- Enjoy haute cuisine for a romantic dinner at Victoria & Albert’s at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Go on safari in Animal Kingdom
- Get nostalgic while wandering Magic Kingdom
From the most beautiful beaches to exciting cities, there are so many amazing honeymoon destinations in the USA. So whether you want to get adventurous in a national park, sit beachside, or explore the culture and food of a fun city, these places are guaranteed to make your honeymoon amazing!
Which of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA would you most like to visit?
Honeymoon ideas around the world:
- Europe Honeymoon Destinations
- African Honeymoon Destinations
- Best October Honeymoon Destinations
- Where to Honeymoon in December
- Honeymoon Guide to Belize
- Ultimate Thailand Honeymoon Guide
- Costa Rica Honeymoon Guide
- Peru Honeymoon Guide
- Las Vegas Honeymoon Guide
- Ultimate France Itinerary
- Perfect 10 Days in Peru
- Best Places to Honeymoon in France
- Romantic Things to do in Joshua Tree
- Best All-Inclusive Honeymoon Resorts in the USA