Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
If you’re searching for France honeymoon destinations, you’ve certainly come to the right place!
If you’ve followed me at all in recent years, you’ll know all about my obsession with France. I lived there for a bit once upon a time and have visited many times since then. More recently, I even started a travel blog dedicated to France called France Voyager, which, consequently means I get to visit even more!
Now I’m not just telling you about this to gush about my obsession with France. Because of my extensive travel there, I’m now here to show you the best places to honeymoon in France!
So whether you are dreaming of a south of France honeymoon or a quaint little French countryside honeymoon, these are the 23 best honeymoon spots in France that’ll make you swoon!
1. Paris is an Idyllic French Honeymoon Destination For First Timer’s to France
Is it your first time visiting France during your honeymoon? You’ve got to start with the classic: Paris! It is, after all, known as the City of Love!
Strolling along the Seine, spotting the Eiffel Tower twinkling at night, and picnicking in stunning parks all make for a dreamy honeymoon escape in France.
I have been to Paris numerous times and it literally never gets old! It is also a great place to base yourself for a week and take day trips. Regardless, you can’t go wrong with exploring the best of Paris, dining in lovely restaurants, and staying in romantic hotels during your Paris honeymoon.
Things to do during your Paris Honeymoon:
- Cruise along the Seine at sunset to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night
- Visit Monet’s Water Lilies at Musee de l’Orangerie
- Explore the most popular museums like the Louvre and Musee D’Orsay
- Pay a visit to Versailles for a day with this fun bike tour!
- Have a picnic in one of many parks like Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, Jardin du Luxembourg, Jardin des Tuileries, or Bois de Vincennes
- Walk along the Seine together
- Enjoy delightful cafes like Les Deux Magots, Cafe de Flore, and Cafe du Coin
- Dine at lovely restaurants like La Jacobine, Les Juveniles, or even some Michelin-star spots like Epicure, Guy Savoy, and Arpege
When to Visit: Year-round, but April-May and September-October are lovely times to be here for spring and fall, respectively, and fewer crowds. The holiday season is also lovely for the Christmas markets. Here is a guide about when to visit Paris!
Ideal Trip Length: At least 3 days, but 4 days in Paris is perfect! You could even spend a whole week here to explore and take a few day trips.
Best For: First timers to Paris, city lovers
Where to Stay:
I have a whole blog post about where to stay in Paris, but here are some ideas for your Paris honeymoon.
Budget: Hotel Le Chat Noir
Located in Montmartre, this hotel even has rooms with Eiffel Tower views! Each floor is dedicated to a poet during the cabaret period and the decor reflects the style of the cabaret time. Starting at $165 per night, this is a great deal in Paris!
Mid-Range: Au Manoir Saint-Germain-Des-Prés
This hotel is located in the Saint-Germain-des-Pres area of Paris, perfect for exploring charming and historic cafes and finding some great restaurants and bars in the area. This elegant hotel starts at around $270 per night.
Luxury: Grand Hotel Du Palais Royale
With a Turkish bath, chic rooms, amazing terraces, and super close proximity to the Louvre, you can’t go wrong with this luxury hotel. Prices start at $430 per night.
2. Loire Valley
The Loire Valley is an idyllic French countryside honeymoon destination. With over 300 chateaux in the region, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to which castles to visit!
Between the amazing wineries in the Loire to even castle hotels, a Loire Valley honeymoon is just the thing!
Prepare to feel like you’ve stepped right into a fairytale in the Loire Valley in France.
Things to do during Your Loire Valley Honeymoon:
- Visit the best châteaux in the area including Château de Chambord, Château de Chenonceau, and Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire
- Take a wine tour of the Loire Valley to try Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Cabernet Franc
- Not enough time? You can explore the wine and castles of the Loire Valley on a day trip from Paris!
- Bike along the Loire à Vélo Cycle Path in Orleans
- Stay in a chateau and feel like royalty
When to Visit the Loire Valley: April through October is the perfect time to explore the Loire Valley.
Ideal Trip Length: You could do this as a day trip from Paris, but for a truly romantic Loire Valley honeymoon, 3 days is the perfect amount of time to really enjoy it.
Best For: Fairytale vibes
Where to Stay in the Loire Valley:
Obviously, I’m going to recommend some great honeymoon-worthy castles for your honeymoon in the Loire Valley!
Budget: Chateau de Pray
There are ample hotels to choose from in the Loire Valley that meet your budget, including this lovely 4-star Chateau de Pray. This place offers lovely rooms, a heated pool, beautiful gardens, and a restaurant with a Michelin star. Rooms start at $155 per night.
Mid-Range: Château D’Artigny
This 5-star hotel has a sprawling estate, stunning rooms, a spa, a gorgeous restaurant, and an outdoor pool. They also offer romance packages, perfect for couples on their honeymoon. Prices start at $190 per night.
Luxury: Chateau De Verrieres & Spa
Chateau de Verrieres & Spa is another exceptional 5-star hotel and features stunning architecture, a lovely English-style park, a pool and spa, and an amazing breakfast each morning in the tuffeau vault in the old kitchen. Feel pampered here starting at $230 per night.
3. Cannes Honeymoon
Famed for its celebrity-filled shores, especially during the Cannes International Film Festival, a honeymoon in Cannes is certainly for those who wish to do as the rich and famous do!
With glorious beaches, designer shopping, and amazing sun-drenched Medieval architecture, you’ll come back refreshed and indulged after Cannes.
Things to do in Cannes:
- Stroll along La Croisette promenade
- Go shopping around La Croisette
- Explore the Palais des Festivales, where the Film Festival takes place
- Go celeb spotting during the Cannes Film Festival
- Explore the beaches in the area
- Visit Île Sainte-Marguerite
- Visit Antibes nearby
When to Visit Cannes: If you plan to go during the film festival, aim for mid-May. Outside of that, April-June and September-October are great times to visit to avoid the crowds (aside from the film festival, of course).
Ideal Trip Length: At least 3 days to enjoy all that Cannes has to offer.
Best For: Celeb spotting and luxurious experiences
Where to Stay During Your Cannes Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel de Provence
Located in the city center of Cannes, you’ll be close to the main attractions and still not far from the beach for some beach time! Prices start at $135 per night.
Mid-Range: Le Cavendish Hotel 4 Étoiles Cannes
This 4-star hotel in Cannes has gorgeously decorated rooms and is super close to the beach. Prices start around $150 per night.
Luxury: Hotel Du Cap-Eden-Roc
Located outside of Cannes in the lovely Cap d’Antibes, this hotel has it all from delectable restaurants on-site, a pool, a spa, amazing rooms and suites, and so much more. It is also a place to potentially spot celebrities, as they frequent this hotel. Prices start around $1,000 per night.
4. Saint-Tropez Honeymoon
Saint-Tropez is another amazing honeymoon destination! Also famed for being a playground of the rich and famous, you can find all kinds of amazing places to relax, frolic, and more in Saint-Tropez.
The sunny, sandy shores of Saint-Tropez are perfect for your French Riviera honeymoon!
Things to do in Saint-Tropez:
- Wander the Place des Lices and Old Port
- Explore the Saint-Tropez Citadel
- Take a kayak tour of the area for amazing views!
- Relax on the best beaches of Saint-Tropez including Tahiti, Moorea, Plage de la Plonge, and Plage de Pampelonne
- Party it up at some beach clubs nearby like La Serena Beach, Tahiti Beach Club, Loulou Beach Club, and more!
When to Visit Saint-Tropez: May-June and late September for good weather and fewer crowds.
Ideal Trip Length: At least 3 days, and you could combine this destination with other French Riviera spots!
Best For: Celeb spotting, partying, and fabulous beaches
Where to Stay in Saint-Tropez:
Budget: Hotel Les Lauriers
This guest house in Saint-Tropez is in a great location for exploring the town and beaches. Plus, they have a lovely little garden, and 20 vintage decorated rooms. Prices start at $200 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel Tahiti Beach
This place is located right on Tahiti Beach and offers its own exclusive access. There are also some great restaurants and bars at the hotel, a stunning pool, and it is just an all-around beautiful place to stay on your honeymoon. Prices start around $255 per night.
Luxury: Château de la Messardiere
Get out of the town and into your own oasis at this luxury hotel. Complete with private beach access, multiple pools, a sauna, salon, and several restaurants and bars, you could seriously spend your entire honeymoon just in this resort. Prices start around $750 per night.
5. Nice, France Honeymoon
I promise I’ll stop rattling on about south of France honeymoon spots, but of course, I needed to add in Nice!
With its lovely promenade, gorgeous beaches, amazing food, charming markets, and access to great places like Monaco and Eze, a Nice, France honeymoon is for those who want the breezy ocean vibes but with a bigger city to enjoy as well.
Things to do in Nice:
- Stroll along the Promenade des Anglais
- Explore the old city
- Parc de la Colline du Château for amazing views over Nice
- Enjoy the sights, scents, and flavors of the Marche aux fruits, legumes, et maree du cours saleya
- Beach hop around Nice’s best beaches like La Reserve, Coco Beach, and Villefranche-sur-Mer (not technically in Nice but worth the visit!)
- Take a day trip to Monaco or the hillside city of Eze
When to Visit Nice: April-June and September and October are great times to visit to avoid the crowds. But, honestly, you could visit Nice year-round and have a great time (just can’t swim all year long)!
Ideal Trip Length: At least 3 days to enjoy all that Nice and the surrounding areas have to offer.
Best For: Those who want a mix of beach time and city experiences
Where to Stay During Your Nice, France Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Villa Rivoli
This charming boutique hotel is only about a 2-minute walk to the beach and many nearby tourist attractions and restaurants, has lovely rooms, and there is even a courtyard for a relaxing place in the midst of the city. Prices start around $150 per night.
Mid-Range: Le Meridien Nice
With a rooftop pool, views overlooking the Mediterranean, and bright and airy rooms, this hotel is a lovely place to stay for extra beach time in Nice. Prices start at $275.
Luxury: Grand-Hotel Du Cap-Ferrat
While Emily from the hit Netflix show Emily in Paris may have “stayed” in St. Tropez during season 2, the hotel they filmed at was actually just outside of Nice. This luxury hotel has it all from a spa, one of the world’s best pools with views over the Mediterranean, and rooms with views as well. This is a great spot if you never want to leave the hotel for your Nice honeymoon! Prices start around $1,800 per night.
6. Bordeaux, France Honeymoon
Dreaming of sipping wine in one of France’s most iconic vineyards during your honeymoon? What about admiring the amazing architecture of this world-renowned city?
If your ideal honeymoon destination is one that involves good food and wine, then Bordeaux has you covered!
Things to do in Bordeaux:
- Go wine tasting! Take a full day wine tour to really enjoy the best of Bordeaux
- Visit La Cite du Vin museum, a museum dedicated to wine that is really interactive
- Cruise on the River Garonne
- Admire Medieval architecture like at La Grosse Cloche, Porte Cailhau, and Bordeaux Cathedral
- Visit the Musee d’Aquitaine
- Go shopping on Rue Sainte-Catherine
- Enjoy various wine bars like Le Bar a Vin, Vins Urbains, and Un Château en Ville
When to Visit Bordeaux: You could visit anytime, but I’d say the autumn months, or September-October are perfect for harvest season and beautiful vineyards.
Ideal Trip Length: 4-5 days to enjoy a couple of days exploring vineyards on both the left and right banks, plus a couple of days in the city!
Best For: Those who love culture and wine
Where to Stay During Your Bordeaux Honeymoon:
Budget: L’Hotel Particulier
This charming hotel is located right in the heart of the city and has amazing rooms decorated in the traditional French style. This boutique hotel is perfect for honeymooners, and at a price starting at $125 per night, it’s a good deal!
Mid-Range: Hotel Cardinal
This lovely boutique hotel has everything from a wine cellar and delicious pastries to afternoon tea and chic bedrooms. Plus, it is located in the heart of the historic part of the city! Prices start at $260 per night.
Luxury: Yndo Hotel
This hotel was a former mansion and now boasts unique rooms, elegant terraces, and an intimate restaurant. You’ll enjoy sampling the best of Bordeaux wine in the salon or rooms at this hotel. Prices start around $450 per night.
Reims is definitely a more unique honeymoon spot in France, but for those who love Champagne, this is the place to go.
But there is more than meets the eye in this famous city- almost all the French kings in the last 1,000 years were crowned in the city!
So for a historical and exciting honeymoon in France, Reims is where you want to be!
Things to do in Reims:
- Champagne, of course! Take a day tour to explore the best of the region
- Head to Epernay and take a hot air balloon ride over the vineyards
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Reims
- Visit the Archbishops’ Palace
- Explore the Fine Arts Museum
- Sample Champagne at a wine bar in town like Trésors de Champagne, La Boutique
When to Visit Reims: June through September is a great time to visit Reims!
Ideal Trip Length: 3 days is plenty of time to enjoy the city and take some wine tours!
Best For: Those who love history and bubbly
Where to Stay During Your Reims Honeymoon:
I know what you’re thinking. A Best Western hotel is a good honeymoon hotel in France? But hear me out! With impeccable rooms, a stunning bar, and a location in the heart of the city, you can’t beat a hotel like this! And at $136 per night? It’s a great deal in Reims.
Mid-Range: Continental Hotel
The Continental Hotel is perfectly located in Reims, and there are ample bars and restaurants nearby to enjoy. Plus, the rooms, bar/lounge, and delectable restaurant at the hotel will make your honeymoon even more lovely. Prices start at $175 per night.
Luxury: La Demeure Des Sacres
This little bed and breakfast has the most charming French rooms, a sauna, impeccable courtyard, and is within steps of the cathedral. Prices start at $270 per night.
8. Avignon Honeymoon
If you can’t tell, a Provence honeymoon is where it’s at! I mean with so many French honeymoon destinations, you can’t go wrong with a lengthy honeymoon in the south of France.
Avignon is not a place to skip over in that Provence honeymoon! Not only is it an idyllic place to base yourself for day trips, but the city itself is filled to the brim with history, dreamy, sun-drenched architecture, and even a palace.
Things to do in Avignon:
- Visit the Palais des Papes, the largest gothic palace in the world. Fun fact: did you know that the popes lived in Avignon from 1309-1377? This palace was where they lived!
- Walk on Pont d’Avignon
- Explore Pont du Gard nearby
- Walk all over the historic center of Avignon
- Visit Les Halles Market
- Take day trips from Avignon like to the lavender fields in the Luberon, Châteauneuf-du-Pape for wine, the Camargue for flamingos and wild horses, Aix-en-Provence, and Nimes for its history dating back to 600 BC!
When to Visit Avignon: April-May and September-October are perfect for fewer crowds and better temperatures. But for the lavender fields, opt for the end of June-July.
Ideal Trip Length: 5-7 days is perfect so you can enjoy a couple of days just in the city itself and then use the rest of the time for day trips!
Best For: Those who love historic, charming places, love lavender and sunflower fields, and want to escape the crowds of larger cities
Where to Stay During Your Avignon Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Garlande
This tucked-away hotel in the heart of the old city is close to the Pope’s Palace and has cozy little rooms, perfect for your honeymoon. Prices start around $100 per night.
Mid-Range: La Banasterie
With its unique mix of old and new, this boutique hotel has amazing views, incredible decor, and a charming courtyard to enjoy in between exploring the city. Prices start around $145 per night.
Luxury: Hotel d’Europe
This hotel, dating back to the 16th century, is one of the oldest in France! However, you can expect modern conveniences! Plus, they have a lovely restaurant in the courtyard, and you’re within steps of the Pope’s Palace. Prices start at $275 per night.
Searching for the perfect honeymoon in France and love a mix of mountains, amazing food, and wine? Look no further than Annecy.
This idyllic mountain town is known as the “Venice of France” thanks to its winding canals that empty into the most beautiful alpine lake: Lake Annecy. The old city is full of Medieval architecture, and thanks to its close proximity to the Alps and Switzerland, you can expect some amazing, hearty alpine fare!
Things to do in Annecy:
- Explore the old city and visit the Palais de l’Ile
- Have a picnic in the Jardins de l’Europe
- Head to the Old Town Market in Annecy
- Rent a paddleboat and get out on the lake
- Eat hearty alpine food at L’etage
- Take a tour of the Savoie wine region
- Explore nearby towns like Aix-les-Bains, Chambery, and Talloires
When to Visit Annecy: This place is amazing year-round, but to avoid the crowds, opt for mid-September through October and April-June. There are also plenty of reasons to visit Annecy in winter!
Ideal Trip Length: 3 days is perfect to really enjoy Annecy and the nearby towns! But if need be, you can do Annecy in 1 day too!
Best For: Those who love mountains, alpine lakes, and delicious cuisine
Where to Stay During Your Annecy Honeymoon:
Budget: IBIS Styles Annecy Gare Center
Near the train station, this is perfect for exploring on a budget. Plus rooms have great views of either the city or mountains! Prices start at $70 per night.
Mid-Range: Atipik Hotel Alexandra
This is also between the train station and the old city. They also have charming rooms with great views, plus the staff is super helpful! Prices start at $100 per night.
Luxury: Les Loges Annecy Vieille Ville
For a luxury apartment complete with a fireplace, wine, great views, and amazing breakfasts, this is the place to indulge on your honeymoon. Prices start at $275 per night.
Searching for the perfect French alps honeymoon? Look no further than Chamonix! Whether you’re a fan of hiking in the summer or skiing in the winter, Chamonix is an idyllic place for views of Mont Blanc, cozy alpine lodges, and so much more!
Things to do in Chamonix:
- Go skiing or snowboarding in the winter
- Go for exciting hikes in the summertime
- Stroll around the endlessly charming town
- Visit Mer de Glace, one of Europe’s largest glaciers
- Take a cable car up to Mont Blanc or to Le Brevent
- Visit the Museum of Alpine History
- Go paragliding in the alps
When to Visit Chamonix: This all depends on what you would like to do on your honeymoon! If you plan to go skiing or partake in winter sports, definitely opt for December-February for your honeymoon. If you plan to go hiking, paragliding, etc., or just want warmer weather, then June-September is perfect.
Ideal Trip Length: You could easily spend a week here just hiking, exploring, and relaxing in a chalet. But 3-5 days is great too!
Best For: Those who love mountains, adventure, and apres ski.
Where to Stay During Your Chamonix Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel de l’Arve
This chalet in the heart of Chamonix has 37 rooms, a wellness center, and even a flower garden with views of Mont Blanc. They also serve complimentary tea each afternoon either by the fire in winter or along the banks of the Arve river in the summertime. Prices start at $100 per night.
Mid-Range: Le Hameau Albert
Another chalet with amazing mountain views, this place has a pool, a spa, and the option to book a cozy, timber-filled alpine room or more modern contemporary rooms. Prices start around $175 per night.
Luxury: Hotel Mont-Blanc
This luxury hotel may look like your typical chalet from the outside, but inside has chic and spacious rooms, a bar and lounge, an amazing outdoor pool, a delicious restaurant, and everything else you’d need to feel pampered during your stay. Prices start at $355 per night.
11. Lyon Honeymoon
The gastronomic capital of France is definitely a foodie couple’s dream honeymoon destination! There are also historical landmarks in the city and absolutely beautiful views of the Saone and Rhone rivers.
Things to do on Your Lyon Honeymoon:
- Explore Old Lyon
- Take a food tour around the city
- Visit Les Halles Market
- Explore the Gallo-Roman Museum of Lyon-Fourvière and see the ancient theater
- Learn about the former City of Silk as you take an audio-guided tour of the Croix-Rousse and the Traboules
- Book a table at one of the 82 Michelin Guide restaurants in the city
When to Visit Lyon: April and October are great times to visit to avoid crowds and for better weather
Ideal Trip Length: Spend at least 3 days in Lyon to really capture the essence of the city as well as enjoy the gastronomy and history.
Best For: Ancient history nerds and foodies
Where to Stay During Your Lyon Honeymoon:
Budget: Elysee Hotel
This hotel is really close to Old Lyon and has great bars and restaurants nearby. Prices start at $80 per night.
Mid-Range: Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux-Arts Hotel
Also close to the old city, this hotel has nice and spacious rooms and is in a great location for exploring. Prices start around $170 per night.
Luxury: Cour les Loges
This luxury hotel has a Michelin-star restaurant, cigar room, bar, and hanging gardens. Plus, the rooms are enchanting. Prices start at $220 per night.
Searching for the best places to honeymoon in France to enjoy wine, food, and fewer crowds? Opt for Dijon! Trust me, it is far more than just its mustard!
We’re talking about affordable Michelin guide restaurants, the gateway to Burgundy, and just a budget-friendly and fun place to honeymoon in France!
Things to do in Dijon:
- Visit Les Halles Market
- Try pain d’épices at Mulot et Petitjean
- Sample all the mustard!
- Explore Ducal Palace and the art museum
- Head to Beaune and take a wine and bike tour of the vineyards of Burgundy
- Spend a day in Beaune for its wine
- Visit the Notre Dame
- Follow the owls on bronze plaques for the ultimate self-guided tour
- Dine at delicious restaurants like L’Essential and Parapluie
When to Visit Lyon: September-October is perfect for the harvest season in Burgundy, but also to enjoy the weather and fewer crowds in Dijon.
Ideal Trip Length: Spending 3 days is perfect in Dijon for exploring Burgundy wine and the city itself.
Best For: Lovers of wine, food, charming architecture, and mustard.
Where to Stay During Your Dijon Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Le Jacquemart
For a basic hotel for those on a budget but within walking distance to the main attractions, opt for Hotel Le Jacquemart. Prices start at $70 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel Oceania Le Jura Dijon
This amazing hotel is close to both the train station and the old part of the city, plus they have a lovely bar and pool. The rooms are spacious and bright, with many rooms even having little balconies! Prices start around $130 per night.
Luxury: Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon
Want to feel as if you’ve stepped into a palace at this hotel? This hotel complete with modern rooms, a spa, and restaurants, is idyllic for a luxury stay in Dijon. Prices start at $200 per night.
Go back in time to the walled city of Carcassonne. If you want to explore the nooks and crannies of a citadel, be close to a wine region, and just want to walk hand in hand along cobblestone streets, then a honeymoon in Carcassonne is for you!
Things to do in Carcassonne:
- Take a tour of the Cite de Carcassonne
- Explore Chateau Comtal and the ramparts
- Visit ancient churches like Basilica of Saints Nazarius and Celsus and Carcassonne Cathedral
- Wander Lower Carcassonne
- Explore the Medieval ruins of Châteaux de Lastours
- Enjoy the tasty cuisine including duck and goose confit and Languedoc-style snails
- Sip wine at a vineyard in the Languedoc
When to Visit Carcassonne: April-June and September and October are perfect for avoiding crowds.
Ideal Trip Length: 3 days is a great amount of time to enjoy the city and nearby vineyards.
Best For: Fairytale and castle lovers
Where to Stay During Your Carcassonne Honeymoon:
Budget: Carcas’Hotes Guest House
This guesthouse has all you could want for visiting this walled city: close proximity to the sites, views of the city, a stunning outdoor pool, and gorgeous French rooms. Prices start at $100 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel du Chateau
Enjoy the charms of being just outside the old city while also feeling pampered at this hotel’s spa, panoramic bar, heated jacuzzi, pool, and gorgeous rooms. Prices start at $145 per night.
Luxury: Hotel de la Cite Carcassonne
Located in the old city, you’re in the perfect place for exploring. Plus, this hotel has glorious views, 2 amazing restaurants, modern rooms with Medieval touches, a spa, and a cozy bar. Prices start at $238 per night.
While many love the idea of a south of France honeymoon, don’t discount the lovely beaches of Normandy too! During the summertime, Deauville comes to life with its golden sandy beaches, horse racing, and golfing.
Things to do in Deauville:
- Relax on sandy beaches
- Gamble at the Casino Barrière de Deauville
- Go sailing from the Deauville Yacht Club
- Catch a horse race
- Enjoy the Deauville Market
- Go golfing
- Visit the D-Day Beaches
- Take a day trip to discover the cider and food of the region
- Hop over to Honfleur for its charming old port
When to Visit Deauville: June-September is a great time to visit Deauville on your French honeymoon.
Ideal Trip Length: 3-5 days is perfect for relaxation and enjoying the activities around Deauville.
Best For: Golfers, beach lovers, and country club members
Where to Stay During Your Deauville Honeymoon:
Budget: Ibis Styles Deauville Centre
Located near both the beach and Deauville attractions, you can’t go wrong staying here. This hotel offers stylish rooms, an outdoor courtyard, and a workout room. Prices start at $120 per night.
Mid-Range: Villa Augeval Hotel & Spa
This charming hotel is within walking distance of the beach, plus has a spa, heated outdoor pool, a garden for sipping a cocktail post exploring and has modern rooms. Prices start at $139 per night.
With a charming half-timbered exterior, this hotel looks like an enchanting palace near the beach. This place has multiple bars, restaurants, a spa, yoga/pilates studio, fitness center, pool, and salon. You may never want to leave this place! Prices start around $400 per night.
This smaller village in the Dordogne is a must-visit for nature lovers! From the charming town itself to the imposing chateaux and great cycling, Beynac-et-Cazenac is a lovely place to honeymoon.
Things to do in Beynac-et-Cazenac (AKA Beynac):
- Explore the Château de Beynac and Château de Castelnaud across the river
- Wander through the narrow alleys and Carnival del Panieraires (basket-makers path) in the town of Beynac
- Enjoy a boat ride via the Gabarres de Beynac
- Get outdoors and go biking, walking, canoeing, and fishing in the Dordogne region
- Explore small villages like La Roque-Gageac, Sarlat, and Domme
When to Visit Beynac: For good weather, opt for April through October.
Ideal Trip Length: 5 days at a minimum is a good amount of time to explore the region and enjoy all the historic sites.
Best For: History lovers, off the beaten path gems
Where to Stay During Your Beynac Honeymoon:
For starters, this small town has very limited accommodation options. However, you could stay in nearby villages and enjoy Beynac!
Budget: Hotel l’Oustal de Vezac
This hotel is only a 4-minute drive from the town of Beynac, and it has amazing hillside views. This small hotel has a lovely pool and comfortable rooms for your stay. Prices start at $80 per night.
Mid-Range: Chateau de Monrecour
Also super close to the village, you can stay in a beautiful castle complete with 2 pools, a 4-star restaurant with an incredible wine list, a stunning lounge, panoramic views of the area, and luxurious rooms in the castle, cottages, or nearby annexes. Prices start at $100 per night.
Luxury: Les Hauts de Saint Vincent
This bed and breakfast is also super close to Beynac, and they have a personal touch. With delicious breakfasts, the option for a homemade gourmet dinner, themed bedrooms based on different cities, a stunning pool, and an instantly charming stone house, you’ll fall in love with this spot. Prices start around $150 per night.
16. Colmar is One of the Best France Honeymoon Destinations
Whether you’re interested in Colmar for the Alsace Wine Route, iconic Christmas markets, or just love half-timbered buildings, there is something extremely romantic about a Colmar honeymoon.
Things to do in Colmar:
- Explore the little towns and wineries on the Alsace Wine Route
- Wander in awe at the Christmas markets in Colmar
- Visit Strasbourg for the day
- Explore the adorable Petite Venise and its canal
- Cruise along the canal
- Shop at the Covered Market
- Enjoy Alsactian cuisine with a German flair
- Explore the Easter markets around Easter
- Wander the streets of the city and take it all in
When to Visit Colmar: Honestly, this can be a perfect place to honeymoon in France year-round. However, if you want charming Christmas markets, definitely visit mid-November through most of December. For Easter markets, opt to visit around Easter!
But, you could visit Colmar any time of year and be instantly charmed.
Ideal Trip Length: 3-4 days is a good amount of time to see the city and explore the Alsatian Wine Route
Best For: Wine and holiday lovers
Where to Stay During Your Colmar Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Turenne
This hotel is a great place to stay near the center of Colmar and not far from Petite Venise. They also have a lovely bar serving up delicious Alsatian wine, beautiful rooms, and a great breakfast spread. Prices start at $90 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel le Colombier
Right in the Petite Venise area of Colmar, you’re within walking distance to so much! Plus, this lovely hotel may have a historic exterior, but the rooms are very chic and comfortable. There is also a sauna and coffee shop. Prices start at $175 per night.
Luxury: Hotel Colombier Suites
This 18th-century house has gorgeously renovated rooms, a garden overlooking La Launch River, bike rentals, and room service. Prices start at $240 per night.
While many may not have heard of this French Riviera honeymoon destination, it was a very popular place once upon a time during the Belle Epoque.
With citrus trees, lovely beaches, and sun-drenched buildings, your honeymoon in Menton will be absolutely spectacular.
Things to do in Menton:
- Enjoy the beaches like Plage Sablettes, Plage Rondelli, and Plage du Borrigo
- Wander the Val Rahmeh Botanical Garden, full of plants from all over the world!
- Admire the works of Jean Cocteau at the Jean Cocteau Museum
- Definitely visit the Salle des Mariages, or Menton’s wedding hall. It was decorated by Jean Cocteau and is full of quirky pieces
- Visit Marchés des Halles food market
- Head to Monaco for the day
When to Visit: If you want to enjoy the beaches, then May-September is a good time to go. However, it can get more crowded as it nears July and August. Also, there is the Lemon Festival in February each year with amazing lemon displays, parades, crafts, and more!
Ideal Trip Length: 3-4 days is perfect for relaxing and exploring Menton
Best For: For those who want a more low key French Riviera honeymoon
Where to Stay During Your Menton Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Palm Garavan
Steps from the Sablettes Beach, botanical gardens, and other great attractions, this hotel is a great place to stay in Menton. Prices start at $110 per night.
Mid-Range: Ibis Styles Menton Centre
Located centrally in Menton, you’re within walking distance of many attractions and the largest beach in the city. Plus, the rooms are bright and airy, and the hotel has some great views! Prices start at $140 per night.
Luxury: Hotel Royal Westminster
This Belle Epoque style palace is located on the seafront in Menton, making it great for your beach honeymoon. The hotel also has a terrace bar overlooking the sea, 2 restaurants, and offers massages in your room. Prices start at $150 per night.
I couldn’t forget to include the Pyrenees in a list of French honeymoon destinations! This town is famous for its Sanctuaires Notre-Dame de Lourdes, a Catholic pilgrimage site.
Many people also visit the Grotto Of Massabielle, where Saint Bernadette had visions from the Virgin Mary. It is here that pilgrims bathe or drink the water from the spring.
Now, you may not be into pilgrimage sites, but this is one of the more famous French towns in the Pyrenees and well worth exploring on your honeymoon!
This part of France is also known for its hiking and mountain views!
Things to do in Lourdes:
- Visit the Sanctuaries Notre-Dame de Lourdes and Grotto of Massabielle (perhaps take part in the procession)
- Explore the Chateau Forte de Lourdes, a 1,000 year old castle that has never been conquered
- Hike up Pic du Jer or take the cable car
- Visit famous Saint Bernadette sights like Moulin de Boly (her birthplace) and Le Cachot (where she lived with her family)
- Visit Les Halles market
- Explore the cave system at Grottes de Bétharram
- Hike in the Pyrenees
When to Visit: June through September are good times to visit Lourdes for good weather.
Ideal Trip Length: 3-4 days is great for the town and nearby area. However, if you plan to see a lot in the Pyrenees, then opt for about a week.
Best For: For religious pilgrims, those who want to explore a lesser-visited mountain range in France, and honeymooners on a budget.
Where to Stay During Your Lourdes Honeymoon:
There are a ton of affordable options for your stay in Lourdes!
Budget: Hotel Le Rive Droite & SPA
This hotel is in a great spot for exploring Lourdes and even has a hot tub, lounge, and spacious rooms. Prices start at $65 per night.
Mid-Range: Villa l’Orante
This bed and breakfast has a charming interior and exterior, is close to the main sites, and has lovely views of the town. Prices start at $146 per night.
Nestled in the park and not too far from the Shrines-many rooms even have views of them! Aside from that, enjoy the spa, 2 restaurants, hot tub, and bar/lounge. Prices start around $150 per night.
19. Corsica Honeymoon
Dreaming of some island time in the Mediterranean but also want to enjoy the French cuisine and culture? Corsica is the perfect place! Accessible via ferry from mainland France in places like Toulon, Nice, and Marseille, you have the unique chance to take an overnight ferry to the island!
Or you could just fly there, but either way, you’ll want to rent a car and enjoy the best places this island has to offer!
Best Things to do in Corsica:
- Swim in crystal clear water at some of the islands best beaches like Calvi Beach, Loto Beach & Saleccia Beach, and Palombaggia Beach & Santa Giulia Beach
- Try your hand at snorkeling or diving
- Explore the local vineyards
- Enjoy views from hilltop villages all over the island
- Visit Calvi’s Citadel and Bonifacio Citadel
- Visit Maison Bonaparte, the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte
- Take the challenging Aiguilles de Bavella hike
- Take a boat to the Lavezzi Islands
When to Visit: June through September is the best time to really enjoy all the water activities in Corsica
Ideal Trip Length: At least a week. If you only want to visit one area of France during your honeymoon and really want some beach time and water adventures, then opt for Corsica and a road trip around the island!
Best For: Beach hopping, snorkeling, and diving
Where to Stay During Your Corsica Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Spa Restaurant L’ostella
Located in the northern part of the island, this hotel has balconies for each room overlooking either the sea or city, an indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna and a lounge. The rooms are spacious and lovely, with the suites even having a jacuzzi in the room. Prices start around $150 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel Costa Salina
Located in Porto-Vecchio, this hotel has bay views and is close to many bars and restaurants in the town. Plus, they have a beautiful outdoor pool with views of the sea, an outdoor scenic bar and restaurant, and a spa and herbal tea room. Prices start around $200 per night.
Luxury: Hotel Casadelmar
Located on a peninsula outside of Porto-Vecchio, rooms here have amazing terraces with views of the Mediterranean plus the hotel has 2 restaurants, a top-of-the-line spa and fitness center, and a pool. Prices start around $700 per night.
20. Marseille Honeymoon
Marseille is another lovely spot for a honeymoon and a great place to start a Provence road trip! This city is full of amazing restaurants, museums, history, and even some man-made beaches to enjoy.
Things to do in Marseille:
- Go to the beach
- Enjoy the food of Marseille including its delicious bouillabaisse
- Visit the Musée des Docks Romains for ancient Roman commercial warehouses
- Explore the Old Port
- Visit Palais Longchamp
- Climb up Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde for amazing views
- Take a day trip to Calanques National Park
- Take a sunset cruise
When to Visit: September through November is a great time to visit to avoid crowds and have cooler weather than the summer. However, if you wish to enjoy the beaches, then come between May-June.
Ideal Trip Length: Plan to spend 4 days here to enjoy the city and take a day trip to Calanques National Park.
Best For: City lovers who want some beach time, history lovers
Where to Stay During Your Marseille Honeymoon:
Located within walking distance to many attractions in the Vieux Port, a stay here has all you need. Opt for a room with a balcony view of the sea. Prices start at $125 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel La Residence Du Vieux Port
Located on the banks of the port, the views from the hotel are sublime. Rooms are decorated in mid-century modern decor and many have balconies and views of the sea. Prices start at $210 per night.
Located in the oldest district of Marseille called Panier, this hotel has views of the Old Port and is a historical monument! There is an incredible terrace for relaxing, a bar, restaurants, room service, spa, and pool. Prices start at $330 per night.
While we all love the beaches of the French Riviera, Saint-Malo, located in Brittany in northern France, has some amazing beaches as well!
So if you want a French beach honeymoon but without the crowds of the south of France, check out Saint-Malo!
Things to do in Saint-Malo:
- Explore the beaches in and around Saint-Malo including Plage du Mole, Grand Plage, Plage de la Salinette, and Verger Beach.
- Visit the Saint-Malo Walls, Old Saint-Malo, and Château de Saint-Malo
- Visit the Belle Epoque villas at Paramé
- Explore the Fort National
- Check out Dinan nearby
- Eat oysters, seafood, and drink some cider
- Take a day trip to Mont Saint Michel
When to Visit: May through September is a good time for better weather. However, summertime crowds can be bad in July and August.
Ideal Trip Length: Plan to spend 3 days in the city to enjoy it all and have some beach time.
Best For: Beachgoers and history lovers
Where to Stay During Your Saint-Malo Honeymoon:
Budget: Hotel Beaufort
With amazing sea views from the dining room to the hotel rooms, you will fall in love with this hotel during your stay. Enjoy bright and airy rooms and quick access to the main sights of the city. Prices start at $120 per night.
Mid-Range: Hotel Le Nouveau Monde
This hotel also located near the beach has amazing views, a spa, a pool, a lounge, and a restaurant. Plus, the rooms are contemporary with lovely murals of the area. Prices start at $200 per night.
Luxury: LeGrand Hotel Des Thermes
Another beachside hotel, the rooms here are spacious with great views, and the hotel also has a spa, a pool, room service, a hair salon, a sauna, restaurants and room service, and more. Prices start around $230 per night.
22. Tours Around France
Can’t decide on which honeymoon places in France to visit? Why not go on a tour around France? There is truly something for everyone and you can allow a tour company to arrange everything for you.
Here are a few favorites:
- Loire Valley Cycle Tour
- Provence Cycle Tour
- French Wine Tour including Champagne, Alsace, Cognac, Bordeaux, and Burgundy.
- French Food Tour across Paris, Normandy, Champagne, and Burgundy
- Cheese tour of France with options of Paris and Ile de France Region, Normandy and Brittany, Savoie, Dordogne and Perigord, and Aveyron
- Various tours including Paris and either Loire Valley, Provence, or Bordeaux and Burgundy
23. France River Cruise
Perhaps you’d rather keep all your stuff in one place and just enjoy the sights of France. A France river cruise honeymoon is perfect for you! Viking Cruises offers so much including trips to Paris and Normandy, Lyon and Provence, Bordeaux and hidden gems nearby, and even a cruise that starts in Paris and ends in Avignon and goes all the way from north to south.
The possibilities are endless and you can choose various lengths of time!
Overall, these are all amazing honeymoon in France ideas that’ll make your romantic getaway one to always remember!
Which France honeymoon destination would you most like to visit?
Want more honeymoon ideas? Check these out:
- Top July Honeymoon Destinations
- 7 Days in France
- Best USA Honeymoon Destinations
- Most Romantic National Park Honeymoon Destinations
- Top USA Honeymoon Road Trips
- Vermont Honeymoon Guide
- Glacier National Park Honeymoon Guide
- Where to Honeymoon in Tennessee
- Savannah, Georgia Honeymoon Guide
- Best Europe Honeymoon Destinations
- Top Caribbean Honeymoon Destinations
- Best African Honeymoon Destinations
- Peru Honeymoon Guide
- Belize Honeymoon Guide
- Thailand Honeymoon Guide
- 23 Top September Honeymoon Destinations
- Best October Honeymoon Destinations
- Where to Honeymoon in December
- Ultimate Vegas Honeymoon Guide
- Best California Honeymoon Destinations
- Costa Rica Honeymoon Guide
- Vietnam Honeymoon Guide
- Ultimate Italy Honeymoon Itinerary
- Best May Honeymoon Destinations
- 11 Best Myrtle Beach Honeymoon Suites
- Where to Honeymoon in February
- Best Kenya Honeymoon Destinations
- Most Romantic Things to do in Rome
- Best St Lucia All-Inclusive Honeymoon Resorts
- Top August Honeymoon Destinations
- Rome Honeymoon Guide
Pin it here!