Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
The European Christmas markets are an absolute dream! To make the most of it, we have the top European Christmas market tips for you!
We ended up spending 2 weeks last year exploring Christmas markets across Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, and we’ve got tons of good information to help you plan your trip one day. The markets are seriously magical, and it is a bucket-list-worthy thing to do around the holiday season.
From the best Christmas markets in Europe to what to eat, when to go, and more, we have the best European Christmas market tips in this podcast episode!
Have you visited the Christmas markets in Europe? Which are your favorites? Let us know in the comments! You can contact us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, and [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps European Christmas Market Tips:
- 0:14- Intro
- 0:30- Updates/chat
- 5:23- Highlight of the week
- 7:27- Topic intro: Top 10 European Christmas market tips
- 8:01- Tip #1: Where are the Christmas markets? Plus popular places for the markets
- 11:24- Tip #2: Researching the markets as they offer different things!
- 16:34- Tip #3: Go before Christmas! When to visit the markets
- 19:31- Tip #4: Pack warm clothes
- 22:49- Tip #5: Bring cash!
- 23:57- Tip #6: Expect to spend a bit of money
- 26:18- Tip #7: What to eat and drink at the Christmas markets in Europe
- 31:54- Tip #8: How the Christmas market mugs work
- 33:40- Tip #9: Stick around for St. Nicholaus Day
- 36:39- Tip #10: Take your time!
- 39:04- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Relevant Blog Posts:
- How to Spend 4 Days in Budapest
- Best 2 Days in Budapest Itinerary
- How to Spend 2 Days in Prague
- 2 Days in Vienna
- Day Trip to Bruges
- Day Trip to Bratislava
- How to Spend 24 Hours in Antwerp
- 1 Day in Brussels
- The Ultimate Christmas Market Crawl in Cologne
- Vienna in December (Including the Best Christmas Markets)!
- Best Christmas Markets in Prague
- Ultimate Europe in Winter Packing Guide
- Beer Guide to Belgium
- Best Gifts For Hikers
- Best Gifts For Couples Who Love Travel
- Relevant Podcast Episodes:
- Follow our adventures in wine on Instagram @sauvignonthoughts!
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!