Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Traveling to Bratislava in a day? We’ve got you covered!
We visited Bratislava during the Christmas market season and fell in love with it. We stumbled upon adorable statues across the city, learned about the history of Bratislava Castle, and found the most Instagram-able Blue Church. Then, we ended with a visit to a traditional Slovakian pub. There is a lot to see in Bratislava in just one day, but we’ve got tips on how to make the most of your day there.
From the charming old town to the tasty comfort food, these are the best things to do in Bratislava in a day in this podcast episode. Find where to stay, eat, and play in Bratislava.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Bratislava in a Day:
- 0:22- Intro
- 0:39- Updates/chat
- 7:39- Topic intro
- 8:37- Thoughts prior to arrival to Bratislava in a day
- 11:39- First impressions of Bratislava
- 14:43- Getting there and where to stay
- 15:57- Things to do in Bratislava
- 25:20- Go to 1. Slovak Pub
- 27:11- Christmas markets in Bratislava
- 29:28- What to eat/drink at the Bratislava Christmas markets
- 32:17- Would we go back?
- 34:43- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Related Blog Posts:
- The Best Day Trip to Bratislava (Has all the tips on where to stay, eat, and play linked)
- The Best 10 Day Itinerary for the Christmas Markets
- Best Christmas Markets in Prague
- 2 Days in Prague
- 2 Days in Vienna
- Vienna in December
- 2 Days in Budapest
- 4 Days in Budapest
- Christmas Market Crawl in Cologne
- 1 Day in Bruges
- Check out our new Instagram: Sauvignon Thoughts
- How to get to Bratislava:
- Take the bus from various cities
- Train- we booked our tickets on The Trainline (can get bus tickets here too)
- Where to stay in Bratislava:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!