Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave, travel to Vienna, Austria is a dream. With opulent cafes, sprawling palaces, and all of the tasty pastries you could imagine, Vienna is the perfect city you never knew you needed to visit.
In this podcast episode, we’re diving into all things travel to Vienna including where to stay, eat, and play in this exciting central European city.
Chris and I were lucky enough to visit back in December of 2019 for the Christmas market season and fell in love with the charming city squares, twinkling lights above the streets, and all of the delicious cuisine. So sit back and discover everything you need to know before you visit Vienna!
Time Stamps Travel to Vienna:
- 0:23- Intro
- 0:39- Updates/chat
- 3:18- What we’re thankful for
- 8:25- Topic intro
- 9:58- Thoughts prior to arrival
- 12:46- First impressions of Vienna
- 18:47- How to get there and where to stay in Vienna
- 21:30- Top things to do in Vienna
- 40:19- Where to eat and drink in Vienna
- 47:41- Our top meal in Vienna
- 50:12- Would we go back?
- 52:34- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Posts about Vienna:
- Getting to Vienna:
- Where to Stay in Vienna:
- Things to do in Vienna:
- Cafes: Cafe Central & Cafe Demel
- Spanish Riding School: Book ahead for the Lippizaner performance!
- Palaces: We loved the Schonbrunn and I loved the Hofburg (for the Sisi Exhibit) and the Belvedere Palace!
- Wander the Innere Stadt and admire the architecture around the city (i.e. Mozart House).
- State Opera House
- Musikverein (Vienna Philharmonic)
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Christmas markets
- Museum Quarter for several museums to explore!
- Where to Eat/Drink in Vienna:
- Figlmueller Baeckerstrasse for wiener schnitzel
- Vegiezz for great vegan food (we got the vegan gyro, pumpkin soup, and vegan steak)
- Kitch-A for ramen and sushi
- Levante for Italian food and wiener schnitzel
- Cafe Central
- Cafe Demel
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here: