Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This includes (but is not limited to) VRBO, TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. Read the full disclosure policy here.
Looking for road trip tips for Vermont? You’ve come to the right place!
Chris and I just got back from a delightful 8 day road trip around the great state of Vermont. We hiked up mountains, gazed at fall foliage, searched for moose, and drank some of the world’s best IPAs. In short, it was the perfect fall road trip!
Visiting Vermont in the fall is a dream, and we’re here to help you plan your perfect trip there! With tips on great hikes to enjoy the fall foliage, best breweries to check out while you’re there, and even ideas on where to visit, this podcast episode is full of helpful information for planning the perfect fall road trip through Vermont.
**This episode is brought to you by Moon Travel’s The Open Road: 50 Best Road Trips in the USA. All opinions expressed are always our own.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Fall Road Trip Tips for Vermont:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:34- Updates/chat
- 1:24- Moon Travel Guides book: The Open Road: 50 Best Road Trips in the USA
- 3:41- Topic intro: the best fall road trip tips for Vermont
- 4:25- How long to spend in Vermont?
- 5:12- Tip #1: Plan to stop at unique attractions
- 9:50- Tip #2: Stock up on local beer!
- 17:11- Tip #3: Go visit covered bridges
- 20:50- Tip #4: Go moose searching
- 26:41- Tip #5: Get out and hike to see the best fall foliage
- 31:28- Tip #6: Pick apples and have all the apple things
- 34:23- Tip #7: Woodstock and Stowe are 100% worth a visit
- 37:23- Tip #8: Try as many maple products as possible (and cheese!)
- 43:55- Tip #9: Burlington is a must-visit
- 47:08- Tip #10: Always take the scenic route
- 50:56- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Related Blog Posts:
- Ultimate Vermont Road Trip Itinerary
- Best Vermont Airbnbs
- The Most Adventurous Great Smoky Mountains 3 Day Itinerary
- Best Hikes in the Smoky Mountains
- Best Airbnbs in the Smoky Mountains
- When is the Best Time to Visit the Smoky Mountains?
- 3 Days in Portland, Maine
- California Road Trip Itinerary
- Best Fall Vacations in the USA
- Where we stayed in Vermont:
- Must-See Attractions:
- Bragg Farm Sugar House
- Sugarbush Farm
- Billings Farm and Museum
- Dog Chapel
- Waterbury Reservoir
- Cold Hollow Cider Mill
- Shelburne Orchards
- Shelburne Vineyards
- Where to Drink Beer/Cider in Vermont:
- The Alchemist- Must try Heady Topper and Focal Banger
- Burlington Beer Company- Must try It’s Complicated Being a Wizard
- Zero Gravity- Must try Incredibly Proud Ale & Madonna
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids- Must try Sip of Sunshine & Lil Sip
- Stowe Cider- Must try Apple Haze & Brain Waves Cherry
- Idyltime Brewing Company- Get the brewer’s flight
- Craft Beer Cellar in Waterbury
- Covered Bridges:
- Red Covered Bridge
- Coburn Covered Bridge
- Gold Brook Covered Bridge
- Moose map for Island Pond
- Best Hikes in Vermont:
- Stowe Pinnacle
- Sterling Pond and Long Trail
- Mt Killington via the Bucklin Trail
- Mt Pisgah
- Northeast Kingdom Trails
- Best Scenic Routes:
- Vermont 100
- Vermont 108
- Notch Road
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!