Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
A Stowe, Vermont vacation is lovely, especially in the autumn. Crisp fall air, stunning foliage, and fantastic places for scenic drives, great beer, and tasty food make Stowe an ideal location to visit.
Chris and I were lucky enough to spend a full week in Vermont and spent the first half in and around Stowe. It has so many great things to offer that we knew a weekend alone wasn’t going to cover it. So now we’re talking all about how to plan your own Stowe, Vermont vacation for next fall or winter to enjoy the charms of this stunning New England town!
Whether you’re here for hiking and adventure or New England IPAs and frolicking amongst the beautiful foliage, this is the ultimate guide to Stowe.
Would you visit Stowe? Let us know in the comments or message us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Stowe, Vermont Vacation:
- 0:20- Intro
- 0:37- Updates/chat
- 6:41- Topic intro: Stowe, Vermont vacation
- 8:13- Thoughts prior to arrival
- 10:41- First impressions
- 13:53- Getting there and where to stay
- 18:50 Things to do in Stowe
- 30:10- Where to eat in Stowe
- 34:01- Best meal in Stowe
- 34:46- Where to drink in Stowe
- 38:42- Would we go back?
- 40:09- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Blog Posts:
- Podcast Episodes:
- Getting There/Where to Stay:
- Getting There:
- Rent a Car
- Book a flight on Skyscanner to Burlington and rent a car
- Where to Stay:
- Mansfield Lodge Airbnb (Where we stayed.)
- Trapp Family Lodge
- Edson Hill
- Lodge at Spruce Peak
- Getting There:
- Things to do in Stowe:
- Sterling Pond Trail & Long Trail
- Stowe Pinnacle
- Mt. Mansfield
- Wandering downtown Stowe
- Covered Bridges:
- Red Covered Bridge
- Gold Brook Covered Bridge
- Leaf peeping/Scenic drives
- Stowe Gondola SkyRide
- Great breweries
- Maple Syrup Sugar Shacks
- Wyckoff Family Maple
- Trapp Family Lodge
- Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, ice skating in winter
- Where to eat in Stowe:
- Piecasso for pizza
- Idletyme Brewing Company for Beyond Burger and poutine
- Cork for sticky shiatke and olive oil poached halibut
- Trapp Family Lodge for the rainbow trout, asparagus spaghetti, and Bavarian pretzel with cheese
- Cold Hollow Cider Mill for apple cider donuts, apple cider, and maple treats
- Footebrook Farmstand for maple candy and produce
- Where to Drink:
- The Alchemist for Heady Topper, Focal Banger, and Farmer’s Daughter
- Idletyme for the Brewmaster’s Sampler
- Trapp Family Lodge/Brewery for the Oktoberfest, maple beer, Dunkel, hot cider cocktail
- Stowe Cider for High and Dry, Tips Up, Apple Haze, and Brainwaves Cherry
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
The 10 Most Charming Vermont Airbnbs That You'll Love - World Wide Honeymoon
Monday 1st of February 2021
[…] 10 Day Vermont Road TripBest Vermont Road Trip Tips Podcast EpisodeStowe Podcast Episode […]
2020 Travel Year in Review: Where We Went, Best Food & Drinks, and More! - World Wide Honeymoon
Wednesday 30th of December 2020
[…] Travel Guide to Stowe, Vermont […]