Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Road trips are the thing this summer and with that, you may be wondering how to pull off a couple’s road trip. Chris and I have been doing some long-distance driving as a couple ever since we met (fun fact: we were long distance when we started dating!). From couple’s road trips to DC, Toronto, and even to NYC, we know that road trips can be so much fun together!
But..they can also be stressful, boring, and drag on. After all, the flat landscape of Ohio isn’t nearly as exciting to look at as the mountains out west, right?
In this podcast episode, we’ve got our top 10 tips to create the best road trip possible, plus the blunders we’ve had over the years! We hope you enjoy learning from our mistakes and make your next road trip one for the books!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps 10 Tips To Survive A Couple’s Road Trip Together:
- 0:35- Updates/chat
- 5:04- Highlight of the week
- 7:09- Topic intro
- 10:08- #1 of the couple’s road trip tips: Plan to eat and stay local
- 14:12- #2: Plan route and stops ahead of time and consider using a GPS
- 18:12- #3: Embracing your role in the car
- 22:38- #4: Bring snacks and water
- 26:02- #5: Consider taking turns driving
- 28:56- #6: Come up with an in-depth topic to discuss
- 32:36- #7: Consider alternate forms of entertainment
- 36:02- #8: Plan something fun to break up the road trip
- 39:31- #9: Be mindful of your budget- couple’s road trips add up!
- 43:29- #10: Leave a little room for spontaneity!
- 45:42- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Deep Road Trip Questions for Couples
- 10 Day California Road Trip Itinerary
- Bucketlist Trips for Couples
- Top Tips for Traveling Couples
- 30 Best US Fall Destinations
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!