Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Traveling as a couple around the world is one of the most rewarding things that you can do. That being said, it certainly comes with many challenges. Therefore this week, we’re talking all about our top 10 travel tips for couples including tips on setting up expectations, how to prevent arguments, and even planning together.
We also chat about our travel blunders and issues that we experienced so that you do not have to. So be sure to comment below and let us know all about your travel tips and where you’ve made mistakes or have funny tales as well! Who knows? We’d love to read some on future episodes!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps for Top 10 Travel Tips for Couples:
- 0:14- Intro and topic
- 2:12- #1 You’ll probably argue at some point, and that’s okay
- 5:37- #2 Communicate and agree on the pace of the trip
- 10:20- #3 Get both parties involved
- 13:40- #4 Perform research about activities
- 19:43- #5 Research before heading to the airport
- 22:38- #6 Coordinate packing lists
- 26:20- #7 Compromise, compromise, compromise
- 30:36- #8 Disconnect to reconnect
- 34:24- #9 Budget in early stages and stick to it
- 40:18- #10 Say yes to the other person- it may enhance your experience
Helpful Links & Further Reading:
- Planning Together: Compromise on the Honeymoon
- Travel Mistakes: Table Mountain
- Budget Your Trip
- Perfect Romantic Weekend Getaway Guide
- Missing a Flight
- 30 Reasons to Travel as a Couple
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it Here!
7 Tips for Your Honeymoon to Ensure You Have the Best Time - World Wide Honeymoon
Wednesday 3rd of February 2021
[…] Top 10 Travel Tips for Couples […]
5 Reasons Why You Can (And Should) Travel Solo While in a Relationship - World Wide Honeymoon
Tuesday 7th of January 2020
[…] when I said that traveling together is also important? Well, after having traveled solo well before being in a relationship and still traveling solo […]
How Do We Work and Travel 24/7 As a Couple ?| Tips and Tricks That Make traveling as a couple Work - Native Nomads
Friday 3rd of January 2020
[…] communicating your travel expectations is super important. You may be the person who loves to get up early, see the sights, and spend the whole day running […]
Thursday 26th of September 2019
Amazing post Kat ! I think traveling and hanging out 24/7 with partner for a year is the ultimate relationship test! Keep sharing.
Thursday 26th of September 2019
It definitely is! But it’s so much fun! We’ve gotten so much closer through travel. Thank you!
How to Plan a Couples Trip Like a Pro - World Wide Honeymoon
Wednesday 14th of August 2019
[…] Top Couples Travel Tips […]