Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
A day trip to Bruges, Belgium is always a good idea. With stunning architecture, beautiful canals, and tasty waffles, a day spent wandering the streets of Bruges may be the perfect day you’ll have in Belgium.
During our European Christmas market trip last November and December, including stops in Antwerp, Cologne, Budapest, Vienna, Bratislava, and Prague, Bruges happened to be our first full day. And it set the bar high for the rest of our trip!
So in this podcast episode, we’re going to show you how to plan your own perfect day trip to Bruges! Whether you are visiting for the Christmas markets as we were, or you are planning a fun trip in the middle of summer, check out where to stay, eat, and play in this medieval city!
What are your thoughts? Would you visit Bruges? What tips do you have? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Day Trip to Bruges, Belgium:
- 0:21- Intro
- 0:37- Updates/chat
- 1:13- Topic
- 2:09- Thoughts prior to arriving in Bruges
- 4:14- First impressions of Bruges
- 7:28- How to get to Bruges/Where to stay in Bruges
- 11:26- Things to do in Bruges for a day
- 18:35- Where to eat and drink in Bruges
- 24:38- Tips on visiting the Bruges Christmas markets
- 28:58- Would we go back to Bruges?
- 31:18- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- More Belgium Blog Posts:
- The Ulitmate One Day in Bruges (All places discussed in the podcast are included in this post)
- 1 Day in Antwerp
- The Ultimate Guide to Drinking Beer in Belgium
- 1 Day in Brussels
- 25 Best Honeymoon Destinations in Europe
- Podcast Episodes About Belgium:
- How to Get to Bruges:
- Train (Check out tickets via The Trainline)
- Rental Car
- Hotels in Bruges:
- Budget: Snuffel Hostel
- Mid-Range: Hotel Academie
- Luxury: Hotel Duke’s Palace Bruges
- Group Tours to Bruges:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!
Pro-Tips for Visiting Budapest in December - World Wide Honeymoon
Wednesday 23rd of December 2020
[…] How to See Bruges in a Day […]