Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
When most people envision traveling to Belgium, many anticipate drinking Belgian beer in Brussels, wandering along scenic canals in Bruges, and definitely feasting on waffles and fries at every opportunity. But when we visited our Belgian friends in Antwerp, we fell in love with the place! Thanks to their tips, we’ve got all the details on the best places to visit in Antwerp and the ultimate Antwerp guide!
If you are planning a trip to Belgium, a stop in Antwerp is a must! From great breweries, the greatest chocolate museum of all time, and beautiful traditional Belgian architecture, you’ll love this lesser-traveled Belgian city.
So in this podcast episode, we’ve got tips on where to stay, eat, and play around the city as you explore the charms of the top places to visit in Antwerp.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Best Places to Visit in Antwerp:
- 0:16- Intro
- 0:33- Chats/update
- 1:12- Topic intro
- 2:40-Fun facts about Antwerp
- 6:28-Thoughts prior to arriving in Antwerp
- 8:34- First impressions of Antwerp, Belgium
- 13:18- Where to stay in Antwerp
- 15:41- Best time to visit Antwerp
- 19:10- Top things to do in Antwerp
- 32:55- Where to eat and drink in Antwerp
- 43:12- Our best meal in Antwerp
- 44:43- Biggest surprise about Antwerp
- 47:29- Would we go back/recommend
- 50:22- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Blog Posts About Belgium:
- Getting Around: Velo Bikes
- Where to Stay in Antwerp:
- Things to Do in Antwerp:
- Where to Eat in Antwerp:
- De Bomma
- Frituur No. 1
- Crumbles & Beans
- De Rosenobel
- Where to Drink in Antwerp:
- Dr. Beer
- Bar Bengel
- Elfde Gebod
- Bier Central
- Tours of Antwerp:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!