Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Visiting a Cologne Christmas market is pretty dreamy. Twinkle lights overhead, the smell of mulling spices as you sip your cup of gluhwein, and the most charming trinkets to purchase enamor every visitor to the Cologne Christmas markets!
While Cologne is one of the best destinations for a German Christmas market, there are SO many markets to see all across the city. From a gnome-themed market to deceptively not-so-innocent eggnog at the Angel Christmas Market, it can be a challenge to try to see them all in a short amount of time. That’s why we created our own Cologne Christmas market crawl!
Why a “Christmas market crawl”? Because we saw 7 of the 8 main Cologne Christmas markets in just 1 day, ate and drank our way around each one, and had the best time! So now we want to share how we did it so you can have the same blissful Christmas-y day in Cologne!
If you’re short on time and want to explore this beautiful city’s holiday markets, this is your go-to podcast episode all about the Cologne Christmas markets!
Which Christmas market is your favorite? Where is your favorite Christmas market in the world? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, Instagram message us @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected].
Time Stamps Cologne Christmas Market Crawl:
- 0:19- Intro
- 0:36- Updates/chat
- 1:32- Highlight of the week
- 3:56- Topic intro
- 6:17- Getting there and where to stay for the Cologne Christmas market crawl
- 9:10- Stop #1: Cologne Cathedral Christmas Market
- 12:01- Stop #2: Adventsdorf Am Kolner Dom
- 13:32- Stop #3: Alter Market
- 16:59- Stop #4: Angel Christmas Market
- 18:25- Stop #5: Village of Saint Nicholas
- 19:50- Stop #6: Heavenue Cologne
- 21:03- Stop #7: Harbor Christmas Market
- 22:10- Circle back to the Dom!
- 23:08- #8 (if you’ve got time!): Christmas Market at Stadtgarten
- 24:26- Best food and drinks at the Cologne Christmas markets and where to find it!
- 34:22- Favorite Christmas markets
- 36:28- Tips for visiting the Christmas markets in Cologne
- 39:45- Wrap up
Helpful Links & Further Reading:
- Blog Posts:
- Cologne Christmas Markets Blog Post
- Vienna in December (Best Christmas Markets in Vienna)
- Best Christmas Markets in Prague
- Ultimate 10 Day Central European Christmas Market Trip
- Ultimate Winter in Europe Packing Guide
- Bruges in a Day
- Antwerp in a Day
- 4 Days in Budapest
- 2 Days in Budapest
- 2 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 2 Days in Prague
- 1 Day in Bratislava
- Christmas in Milwaukee
- Podcast Episodes:
- Getting There:
- Fly into Cologne or Dusseldorf airport (Skyscanner has great deals!)
- Train (we used The Trainline to find great times and prices!)
- Renting a car is perfect for doing a German Christmas market road trip! Check Rentalcars.com for great deals.
- Budget: City Class Hotel Residence Am Dom
- Mid-Range: Hyatt Regency Cologne
- Luxury: Excelsior Hotel Ernst
How You Can Help
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Best Tips for Visiting Prague for the Holidays - World Wide Honeymoon
Wednesday 16th of December 2020
[…] Cologne Christmas Crawl […]