Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Visiting Budapest in December is a dream! From the charming Christmas markets across the city to watching the sunset over the Danube from the warmth of a hot tub at a bathhouse, if you are searching for European winter destinations, Budapest should definitely be on the list.
In this podcast episode, we’re talking all about Budapest in December including top things to do, best Christmas markets, and great Hungarian food to try.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Budapest in December:
- 0:16- Intro
- 0:33- Updates/chat
- 3:24- Highlight of the week
- 4:34- Topic intro: Budapest in December and best Christmas markets
- 6:27- #1 Christmas market: St. Stephen’s Basilica Christmas Market
- 8:57- #2: Vorosmarty Square Christmas Market
- 13:49- #3: Deak Ferenc Street Christmas Market
- 15:54- #4: Great Market Hall Christmas Market at Fovam Square
- 18:24- #5: Advent Fair in Obuda
- 20:03- Hungarian food and drinks to try during the holiday season
- 22:26- Where to stay
- 26:16- Other things to do in Budapest in December
- 29:27- If we had to pick 1 city for Christmas markets, what would it be?
- 31:11- Wrap up
Helpful Links/Further Reading:
- Related Blog Posts:
- 4 Days in Budapest
- How to Spend 2 Days in Budapest
- Ultimate Guide to Visiting Rudas Baths
- The Best 10 Day Christmas Market Itinerary
- Best Prague Christmas Markets
- Guide to Visiting Vienna in December
- How to See Cologne’s Christmas Markets in a Day
- How to Spend 1 Day in Bruges
- 1 Day in Antwerp
- How to Spend 2 Days in Vienna
- The Ultimate 2 Days in Prague
- Perfect Day Trip to Bratislava
- Ultimate Europe in Winter Packing List
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Where We Stayed in Budapest: This 3 Bed/3 Bath Airbnb in the Jewish Quarter.
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!