Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
It is true that 2020 travel wasn’t extensive by any means. However, we were able to travel a little, and we still have a great 2020 travel year in review episode for you!
Our travels in 2020 were definitely limited, as were many peoples’. We’re talking loads of canceled trips, last-minute bookings when we could travel, and lots of social distancing. Despite it all, we are so thankful for any travel we had in 2020.
So in this episode, we’re reflecting on our trips this year and talking about where we went, best accommodations, top food and drinks, and even our favorite travel memories.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps 2020 Travel Year in Review:
- 0:23- Intro
- 0:39- Updates/chat
- 1:56- Highlight of the week
- 7:44- Topic intro
- 8:36- 2020 Travel stats
- 16:07- Best accommodations for the year
- 23:25- Top drinks for 2020
- 38:17- Top food of 2020
- 49:53- Best travel memories of 2020
- 1:00:28- Wrap up
Helpful Links/Further Reading:
- Related blog posts:
- 3 Day Smoky Mountains Itinerary
- Ultimate Guide to Getaway House
- How to Spend a Day in Ohio Wine Country
- The Best Vermont Fall Road Trip
- Best Airbnbs in the Smoky Mountains
- Best Airbnbs in Vermont
- The Top Breweries in Cincinnati
- When to Visit the Smoky Mountains
- Best Hikes in the Smoky Mountains
- USA Bucket List Trips
- Where to Visit in the USA in Fall
- Virtual Tours Online
- Top Places You Can Travel to From Home
- Staycation Ideas
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- 2019 Year in Review: Travel Stats and Goals
- 2019 Year in Review: Top Travel Memories (And Embarrassing Moments)
- Year in Review 2019: Best Food & Drinks During Our Travels
- Ultimate Guide to the Smoky Mountains
- Best Wineries in Northeast Ohio
- Vermont Fall Road Trip Tips
- Travel Guide to Stowe, Vermont
- Best Wildlife and Adventure Tours Online
- Best Museum Tours
- Places You Can Visit From Home
- Travel Lessons Learned at Home
- How We’ve Adapted to 2020 Travel
- Best Accommodations:
- Best Food & Drinks:
- Top Food
- Fondue at Roots in Rutland, VT
- Catfish, mac N cheese, and hoecake from Old Mill Restaurant in Pigeon Forge, TN
- Poutine at Idletyme Brewery in Stowe, VT
- Pumpkin spice donut and buckeye donut at Vegan Doughnut Co. in Lakewood, OH
- Veggie turtle at Gomez Salsa in Cincinnati, OH
- Seitan burrito at Mad Taco in Montpelier, VT
- Apple Cider Donut at Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Waterbury, VT
- Veggie Sandwich at Two Sons Bakehouse in Jeffersonville, VT
- Top Drinks:
- Heady Topper & Focal Banger from The Alchemist Brewing Co.
- Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine
- M Cellars Reserve Chardonnay
- Harpersfield Winery Fut de Chene Chardonnay
- Trapp Family Lodge hot cider and rum
- Virtual Sazerac tasting from Visit New Orleans
- Hot apple cider from Cold Hollow Cider Mill
- Maple latte from Vermont Artisan Coffee and Tea Co.
- Top Food
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!