Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Whew, what a crazy time! While we’re not going anywhere anytime soon, we’ve canceled trips, sat at home, and have eaten too many snacks. But this is also a time that we’ve learned so many travel lessons to utilize for the future!
Whether it is learning to appreciate past and future travel, living in the moment, or prioritizing where you spend time/money, find out the top travel lessons we’ve discovered while we’ve been stuck at home!
What are your thoughts? What lessons have you learned that you can use for future trips? What else would you like to hear from us at this time? Let us know in the comments or you can reach us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Travel Lessons Learned at Home:
- 0:16- Intro
- 0:34- Updates/chat
- 2:22- What we’re thankful for
- 11:34- Topic intro
- 13:26- #1 Travel lesson learned at home: The importance of sanitizing
- 16:09- #2 It is okay to slow down
- 18:00- #3 Travel is a privilege
- 21:02- #4 How to keep in touch with family and friends
- 22:34- #5 It is okay to be disappointed in a canceled trip
- 24:34- #6 The importance of supporting local businesses at home and abroad
- 27:51- #7 Spend money and time on things you care about
- 30:57- #8 Delicious food doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated
- 35:01- #9 How to really appreciate past and future travel
- 40:18- #10 Be patient with others
- 44:21- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Other Staycation Podcast Episodes:
- Relevant Blog Posts:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!