Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
It is crazy to think that this is our last episode of the year! And to kick off our year in review series, we wanted to break down our top 10 food and drinks of 2019!
From delicious wine to creamy hot chocolate and savory shakshuka to sweet chimney cakes, this has been a great year for eating and drinking. Whether it is at a cafe in Paris or a tucked-away corner of Cusco, we are so excited to share with you the best places to eat and drink!
What would you like to eat and drink off of our list? What were your top food and drinks of 2019? Let us know in the comments or tweet at us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps for Top 10 Food and Drinks of 2019:
- 0:15- Intro
- 0:40- Chat/updates
- 3:36- Topic intro
- 5:21- Honorable mentions for drinks
- 10:59- Top 10 drinks of 2019
- 27:56- Honorable mentions for food
- 32:50- Top 10 foods of 2019
- 51:19- Wrap up
Places Mentioned in This Episode:
- Honorable Mentions for Drinks:
- Best Drinks of 2019:
- Wayward Son Pinot Noir & Petite Syrah from Carhartt Vineyard in the Santa Ynez Valley, California
- Cafe Americano at Cafe Bisetti in Lima, Peru
- Pinot Noir from Elk Cove Vineyards in Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Cimbi white wine from Nadas Winery in Etyek Region, Hungary
- Gluhwein from the Alter Market Christmas market in Cologne, Germany
- Gluhwein from the Am Hof Christmas Market in Vienna
- Ancient hot chocolate from Les Deux Magots in Paris, France
- Honorable Mentions for Food:
- Raclette at the Alter Market Christmas market in Cologne, Germany
- The lobster roll at Eventide Oyster Co. in Portland, Maine
- Roast chicken at Chateau De Nitray in the Loire Valley, France
- Mushroom toast at Eska in Prague, Czech Republic
- Pastries at Cafe Central in Vienna, Austria
- Best Food of 2019:
- Shakshuka at London Coffee Society in Budapest, Hungary
- Raspberry macaroon at Laduree in Paris, France
- Trout with mole sauce at Julian Restaurant in Aguas Calientes, Peru
- Chocolate cinnamon chimney cake at the St. Stephen’s Basilica Christmas Market in Budapest, Hungary
- Baguette from Tout Autour du Pain and cheese from La Petite Ferme D’Ines at Mache des Enfants Rouges in Paris, France
- Cactus tacos from The Taco Stand in San Diego, California
- Tofu saltado at Kion in Cusco, Peru
- Avocado causa at La Trastienda in Lima, Peru
- Falafel at L’As du Falafel in Paris, France
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Blog Posts:
- Podcast Episodes:
- Great Food/Wine Tours:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!