Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This includes (but is not limited to) Airbnb, TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. Read the full disclosure policy here.
If you are visiting the capital of France for more than a few days, why not get out of town and check out the best day trips from Paris?
With lovely wine regions of France to even popping over to another exciting European city, there are so many great day trip options from Paris to choose from!
In this podcast episode, we talk all about the best day trips from Paris and discuss our favorite day trip: the Loire Valley. With castles, wine, delicious food, and stunning gardens, the Loire Valley is seriously worth a visit during your time in France.
So let’s dive into some trips that will fill you with the charms of France, and Europe, and leave you excited for your return.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Best Day Trips from Paris:
- 0:25- Intro
- 0:42- Updates/chat
- 5:05- Topic
- 5:15- Why take a day trip from Paris?
- 6:16- Best day trips from Paris
- 13:45- The day trip we took: Loire Valley
- 15:46- Loire Valley trip itinerary
- 23:32- Our favorite castles
- 27:36- Would we recommend this day trip option?
- 27:40- Why a tour is worth it versus doing it yourself
- 30:11- If you have time, definitely do a day trip
- 30:52- Other day trips we would’ve gone on
- 31:15- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Blog posts:
- Travel to Paris Podcast Episode
- Day trips from Paris links:
- What to pack for Paris day trips:
- A reusable water bottle on hot days
- Camera or Go-Pro. We love our Nikon Coolpix A900 point and shoot!
- Here is the dress I wore during all of these fun twirling photos!
- Comfortable shoes like these sandals or Oofos
- Antitheft purse to prevent pickpocketing. I love this one by Travelon
- RFID blocking wallet for men
- Castle Hotels:
- Traveling internationally? We recommend World Nomads for trip cancellation/interruption, medical, dental, and more insurance!
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!