Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
When you travel to Budapest, Hungary, you’ll quickly see how interesting it is. Between the architecture, the bathhouses, and the ruin pubs, you’ll find that if one can describe Budapest, the words “quirky” and “romantic” come to mind.
And whether you’re visiting Budapest for the Christmas markets or for a fun summer getaway, you’ll fall in love with this eclectic city and the gem of Eastern Europe.
From sampling the tastiest espresso at various cafes to soaking in thermal bathhouses throughout the city, when it comes to what to do in Budapest, you’ll never run of ways to entertain yourself. So this week on the podcast, we knew we needed to create the perfect Budapest guide to help you find the hidden gems, top things to do, and what to avoid in Budapest for the perfect trip!
And with Kat having gone 3 times (the most recent this past November with Chris and family), we’ve got the inside scoop of all things Budapest!
Would you travel to Budapest, Hungary? What would you most like to see there? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Travel to Budapest, Hungary:
- 0:20- Intro
- 0:38- Updates/chat
- 3:16- Reader review
- 4:30- Topic intro
- 5:12- Thoughts prior to arriving in Budapest, Hungary
- 10:47- First impressions of Budapest
- 16:48- Where to stay in Budapest: Top Budapest hotels
- 22:13- Best time to visit Budapest
- 23:37- Things to do in Budapest (plus what NOT to do)
- 39:44- Top thing to do in Budapest
- 40:11- Day trips from Budapest
- 44:23- Where to eat and drink in Budapest
- 53:31- Best meal in Budapest
- 55:41- Biggest surprise about travel to Budapest, Hungary
- 58:38- Would we go back and recommend Budapest?
- 1:01:51- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Ultimate 4 Day Itinerary to Budapest
- Hint: ALL the things to do in Budapest plus where to eat and drink, etc. is in this guide!
- Perfect 2 Days in Budapest
- Best Bathhouse in Budapest: Rudas Baths Guide
- Best 10 Day Central European Christmas Market Trip
- Best Christmas Markets in Prague
- Vienna in December
- Best Food & Drinks of 2019
- Where to Stay in Budapest:
- Tours Around Budapest
- Perfect Day Trips From Budapest
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!