Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
The more that Chris and I travel, the more we realize what we haven’t seen! This is especially true now that we’re in the US for the foreseeable future. We’ve barely taken time to explore our own backyard! But once we start traveling more again, we’ve got some ideas on the most unique places to visit in the USA!
In this podcast episode, we’ve got the most exciting destinations and experiences you’ll want to have in the USA ranging from other-worldly landscapes to adventurous national parks. As the US has everything from lush forests to desert landscapes and all things in between, there is just so much to explore while traveling here!
We may even have a bonus from Alaska and Hawaii too at the end!
What unique US destinations have you visited already? Which would you most like to see on this list? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, Instagram message us @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Unique Places to Visit in the USA:
- 0:14- Intro
- 0:31- Updates/chat
- 1:45- Highlight of the week
- 3:32- Topic intro
- 7:30- #1 unique places to visit in the USA: Albuquerque hot air balloon festival (And New Mexico in general)
- 11:28- #2: See a show on Broadway in New York City
- 14:33- #3: Bourbon Trail in Kentucky
- 16:56- #4: California wine regions
- 19:58- #5: Yellowstone National Park
- 22:06- #6: Hike out west
- 24:37- #7: Utah’s mighty five
- 25:54- #8: Visit Washington, DC
- 28:42- #9: New York State road trip for autumn
- 29:57- #10 of the unique places to visit in the USA: Hike the Appalachian Trail
- 33:01- Alaska and/or Hawaii top destination
- 35:47- What is something that is a very American experience for an international visitor to do?
- 40:41- Summary
- 41:28- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Blog posts:
- Podcast episodes:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!