Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
We’re back with installment 2 of our “2 weeks in a continent series” on our podcast! This week is how to spend 2 weeks in South America!
While we all wish we had endless amounts of time to thoroughly explore this continent, if this is your first time exploring South America and you want to get the most out of it, or this is your once-in-a-lifetime experience, then Chris and I have 2 separate itineraries to choose from for you!
Whether you are here for the natural beauty of the Amazon Rainforest or the Galapagos Islands, or you want a mix of exciting cities, beaches, and coffee/wine regions, then these two 2 week itineraries for South America are a great way to get as much out of your trip as possible!
Which itinerary was your favorite? What would you do differently? Let us know in the comments or you can always reach us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected].
Time Stamps 2 Weeks in South America:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:35- Update/chat
- 1:36- Highlight of the week
- 4:06- Topic intro: How to spend 2 weeks in South America
- 8:22- Chris’s approach to making his itinerary
- 10:28- Chris’s 2 week South America itinerary: Santiago, Maipu Valley and trekking, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest, Bogota and day trip to a coffee farm, and Cartagena
- 26:17- Kat’s approach to making her itinerary
- 28:02- Kat’s 2 week South America itinerary: Quito, Galapagos Islands, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest, and Lima
- 43:33- What was the destination that you wanted to fit in but couldn’t?
- 49:41- What would we drop to slow down the itinerary a bit?
- 53:39- Any surprises in our itineraries?
- 56:31- Which is the better itinerary?
- 58:15- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Podcast Episodes:
- Blog Posts:
- Top Things to Know Before Traveling to Peru For the First Time
- How to Spend 10 Days in Peru
- How Much Does a Trip to Peru Cost?
- Packing for Peru- In Just a Carry On!
- Where to Stay in the Amazon Rainforest in Peru
- Best Amazon Rainforest Lodge
- Best Restaurants in Cusco
- Top Things to do in Cusco
- Best Day Trips From Cusco
- Where we stayed in Cusco: Rumi Wasi
- Where we stayed in the Amazon Rainforest: Tambopata Research Center and Refugio Amazonas
- Intrepid Travel Galapagos Tour
- Flashpacker Connect (Who we used for the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour)
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!