Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Having the opportunity to visit Peru itself is an incredible experience. But Chris and I agree the Amazon Rainforest in Peru was the best part of our trip! From incredible animal sightings to gorgeous sunrises from the top of the canopy, the Amazon is a place to connect with nature, disconnect from technology, and just enjoy.
So today on the podcast, we’re discussing how to plan your perfect trip and a first timer’s guide to the Amazon Rainforest in Peru. We talk all about the best time to visit, how to choose a lodge, where we ended up staying, highlights and fun stories from our trip, what to pack, animals to spot, and so much more! If you want to visit the Amazon, this is the place to start.
Have you visited the Amazon Rainforest? What were your thoughts?
Check out these Amazon Rainforest essentials here!
Time Stamps for First Timer’s Guide to the Amazon Rainforest in Peru:
- 0:18- Intro and topic
- 2:09- Weekly update/chat
- 5:58- The best time to visit the Amazon Rainforest in Peru
- 8:27- How to choose a lodge
- 14:16- DIY vs. company or tour
- 16:57- Lodge(s) we stayed at in the Amazon
- 27:52- Schedule/things to do at the Tambopata Research Center
- 29:33- Highlights from our time in the Amazon
- 42:09- Where you can visit the Amazon in Peru and why we chose the Tambopata National Reserve
- 43:46- Animals/bugs we saw in the Tambopata National Reserve
- 49:39- What to pack for the Amazon Rainforest
- 51:03- Chris’s highlight from our time in the Amazon
- 51:47- Kat’s highlight from our time in the Amazon
- 52:52- Would we go back?
- 53:23- Wrap up
Helpful links and further reading:
- Blog posts:
- Best Peru Amazon Lodge: Tambopata Research Center | Perfect Peruvian Amazon Tour
- Choosing Where to Stay in the Amazon in Peru
- 10-Day Peru Itinerary
- 1 Day in Lima
- Top Things to do in Cusco
- Best Tips for Hiking Rainbow Mountain
- How to Visit Machu Picchu in a Day
- Our top picks for tours while in Peru
- Unique Peruvian Souvenirs
- Podcast episodes:
- Where to Stay in the Amazon
- What to Pack for the Amazon in Peru
- Check out another first-timer’s guide podcast episode: First Timer’s Guide to a South African Safari
- Other great destination guides:
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!