Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Dubai is a global city, but it feels more like a land of fantasy with its shimmering colors and glorious luxury. Look at any picture of Dubai and you’ll see immense eye to detail and the kinds of colors that you’ll seldom see elsewhere. It’s the true romantic capital, offering everything from adventure to shopping to cruises – everything that a lover’s heart may desire.
For a couple, Dubai is the ultimate honeymoon destination, with its uber-fine hotels, bespoke luxury, and truly royal experiences. It simply doesn’t get better than Dubai when you’re on a honeymoon.
How Long To Honeymoon in Dubai?
The best duration for a honeymoon in Dubai is four nights and five days. This period is sufficient for you to do some excellent sightseeing in Dubai and participate in plenty of adventures.
When to Visit Dubai
Did you get married in June? Hold on for a bit there. It is best not to visit Dubai that close to the blazing hot summer. November to March is the perfect time to honeymoon in Dubai. You can enjoy romantic al fresco dinners, long walks, cruises, desert safaris, and much more. If you’re there in January, you’re in luck because that’s when the Dubai Shopping Festival is on!
Dubai Packing List for Your Honeymoon
- Pack light, loose cotton clothing that allows you to breathe while being modest. If you’re traveling in winter, pack a couple of light jackets.
- Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen with a good SPF count.
- A hat with a wide brim and sunglasses will be needed.
- Modest swimwear that is not see-through and definitely no thongs. Pick up a loose cover-up for while on the beach.
- Pack a good smartphone with a great camera and a power bank to record your special couple moments.
- Do carry a prescription from your doctor if you’re carrying prescription medications.
- Pack flip-flops with rubber soles for beach walks and breathable sneakers for the city.
- Be sure to obtain your tourist visa Dubai in advance and keep all your important documents in a folder and on hand.
Check out these great Dubai items for your packing list:
Getting Around As A Couple In Dubai
For Dubai’s Metro, buses, water taxis, cabs, and trams – you can pay for all of them using a Nol card. Riding the metro itself is a form of sightseeing. Taxies are reliable too, as long as you watch the meter. Note that taxis with pink roofs are driven by female drivers. Download the Road & Transport Authority (RTA) App to stay updated on Dubai transport
Do’s & Don’ts While in Dubai
- Avoid Drinking In Public: Drink only within the permissible area of the pub or club.
- Stay Away From Drugs: If you use strong painkillers, carry the prescription with you.
- No Music or Dancing in Public: No, you cannot turn on your Bluetooth and commence a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers routine in a public place.
- Avoid PDA: You’re honeymooners, we understand, but please avoid PDA in public.
- Show Respect: Don’t use cuss words or argue about Islam in person and in your online communications as well.
Want more honeymoon guides? Be sure to check out these great destinations:
Honeymoon Hotels Dubai
Dubai has both uber-expensive hotels and ones that are more value-for-money.
Budget Hotel Options
Luxury on a budget, it is close to the airport, Meena Bazaar, and the gold souks. It is modern, clean and reasonable.
Cost: $50-75 per night.
Close to the Dubai Mall, this luxury hotel has an international restaurant, gym, snack bar, and roof pool with fabulous views of the Burj Khalifa.
Cost: $50-100 per night.
Beautiful interiors, a luxury hotel for an amazingly budget rate.
Cost: $40-80 per night.
Want exclusive content and great travel hacking guides? Subscribe here!
Luxury Hotel Options
Winner of the World Travel Awards 2016’s “Middle East’s Leading Luxury City Hotel”. This place has an excellent spa, luxury dining, 24-hour gym, grand swimming pool, and more.
Cost: $115-225 per night.
A 5-star beachfront hotel with six swimming pools, nine bars and restaurants, and a private beach!
Cost: $224-285 per night.
Beautiful, contemporary and luxurious, this hotel is linked directly to the Dubai Marina Mall.
Cost: $162-200 per night.
Places to Visit in Dubai for a Honeymoon
- Have An Exciting Dhow Dinner Cruise!
Have a two-hour dinner cruise along the Dubai Marina, the Dubai Creek, or the Dubai Canal, with excellent cultural entertainment on board. The views are unbelievable with Dubai’s coastline all lit up and the lights reflecting on the water.
- Couples Spa Date
A couple’s spa experience at a fantastic spa is romantic and just what you need to rejuvenate yourselves.
- Dubai Desert Safari
Enjoy some adrenaline-jerking dune bashing, camel riding, sand boarding, and quad biking. Delight in a sumptuous Emirati dinner, belly dancing, and henna tattooing. Then, spend the night under the desert stars together.
- Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa
Shop until you drop and then play virtual couple games at VR Park. Be awed by the spectacular Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
Take the world’s second-fastest elevator to the 125th floor of the Burj Khalifa. Enjoy spectacular views of Dubai, the desert, and the far Persian Gulf. Use one of the telescopes on the deck to focus on specific landmarks.
- Shopping At Local Souqs
Explore the spice, gold, and textile souqs of Deira and Bur Dubai, on either side of the Dubai Creek. The Deira Gold Souq has piles of jewelry in 24-carat gold plus the largest ring in the world!
- Relaxing Among The Blooms
Be sure to visit Dubai Miracle Garden for a visual feast created by millions of colorful blooms. Fabulous landmarks, people, toys, and cartoon characters are created entirely out of flowering plants. The display changes every year to keep you hooked!
- Enjoy a Hot Air Balloon Ride
What better way to announce your love to the skies than by flying high in a hot air balloon? Sign up for the couples only trip and you’ll be up there alone, 3,000 feet above the ground. Look down on amazing green oases, sand dunes, wadis, and incredible desert wildlife like oryx, gazelles, and camels.
- Get Cool at Dubai’s Waterparks!
Here’s a fun thing to do as a couple- visit the Aquaventure Waterpark, White Wadi Waterpark, and Laguna Waterpark for a fun-filled experience! Revel in the cool waters under the hot sun, and challenge each other to try adrenalin-jerking rides, each scarier than the other!
Romantic Restaurants in Dubai | What to Eat in Dubai
Check out these amazing restaurants for your romantic dinners.
- Al Mahara: Enjoy fabulous creations by Michelin-starred Chef Nathan Outlaw at the Burj al Arab, seated in front of the hotel’s huge aquarium.
- Eauzone: Amazing ambiance with fantastic Asian-inspired food at this hotel located at the One & Only Royal Mirage.
- Indego By Vineet: Classy, opulent dishes by Michelin-starred Chef Vineet Bhatia. The restaurant also serves a classy vegetarian menu so don’t miss this one.
Dubai is the ideal honeymoon destination. Yes, the no-PDA restriction can feel strict when you’re a newly-married couple, but other than that, this is one city where you can really let your hair down. Go on, book a trip to Dubai and enjoy your honeymoon there.
Love this post or want to save for later? Pin it here!
Thursday 26th of September 2019
Hi Neha, I must say that Dubai is an amazing experience for me. You will never be bored. It has everything, desert, ballooning, parachuting, cruises, art and culture, even skiing. Also its amazing to read your Dubai travel guide.
Thursday 26th of September 2019
Yay, she did a great job writing it! Dubai certainly has it all!