Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Of all of the places that we’ve counted as the most beautiful in the world, Siem Reap, and Angkor Wat, rank to the top of the list. Seriously, the photos will never do the majestic nature of this place justice. So today on the podcast, we are discussing all the top tips you need to know before traveling to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat in Cambodia! We’re talking where to stay, what to see in Siem Reap, best temples around Angkor Wat to visit, off-the-beaten-path temples, and even where to find the best food.
So, discover how to have the perfect 3 days in Siem Reap and maximize your time in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Time Stamps What to See in Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, Cambodia:
- 0:14- Intro and topic
- 1:09- Updates/chat
- 3:51- Chris’s thoughts prior to arriving
- 7:49- Kat’s thoughts prior to arriving
- 9:03- Chris’s first impressions
- 10:25- Kat’s first impressions
- 11:30- Where to stay in Siem Reap
- 16:12- What to see in Siem Reap
- 21:10- Angkor Wat details
- 22:15- Hire a driver
- 23:45- Visiting the temples and which ones to visit
- 26:56- What to wear at Angkor Wat
- 28:16- Best places to eat in Siem Reap
- 33:46- Chris’s biggest surprise about Siem Reap
- 36:02- Kat’s biggest surprise about Siem Reap
- 37:02- Would we go back/recommend?
- 39:02- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Siem Reap and Angkor Wat itinerary
- Rate and subscribe to the podcast here!
- First They Killed My Father recommended reading book
- Hanoi Podcast episode
- Where to Stay in Siem Reap:
- What to wear:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!