Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Planning to travel to Washington, DC? We have all the tips!
My sister lives in the DC area, and we’ve been visiting her a couple of times per year for several years. So luckily, we have a local to help us out! Because we love the DC area so much, we’re going to share with you the top things to do in DC plus where to stay, eat, and play in the nation’s capital for the perfect trip!
From day trips to best eats, this the ultimate podcast guide for travel to Washington, DC!
Time Stamps Travel to Washington, DC:
- 0:15- Intro
- 0:32- Updates/chat
- 4:56- Topic intro
- 7:18- Thoughts prior to travel to Washington, DC
- 12:43- First impressions of DC
- 16:43- How to get to DC and getting around
- 18:45- Where to stay in DC
- 19:47- When to visit DC
- 23:25- Top things to do in DC
- 38:47- Day trips from DC
- 39:48- Where to eat/drink in DC
- 46:03- Best meal/drink in DC
- 47:50- Would we go back?
- 49:07- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Perfect 3-Day Washington, DC Itinerary (This includes all the details discussed in this podcast episode)
- Cherry Blossom Festival
- Where to Stay:
- Other US City Guides:
- Other USA Podcast Destination Guides:
- Travel to Chicago
- Travel to Stowe
- Fall Road Trip Tips for Vermont
- Best Guide to the Great Smoky Mountains
- Do This NOT That: Great Smoky Mountains
- Best Guide to Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Things to do in Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Winter
- US Destinations That Look Like Europe
- Unique Places to Visit in the USA
- Best Wineries in Northeast Ohio
- Epcot Eat and Drink Around the World Guide
- Top 10 US Cities to Visit
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!