Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This includes (but is not limited to) Airbnb, TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. Read the full disclosure policy here.
Chicago is such a fun town! With friendly locals, a fantastic food scene, and world-class museums, you can’t go wrong with a visit to Chicago. So whether you’re traveling here for the first time or a frequent visitor, here are the top things to do in Chicago!
We’ve visited Chicago many times both as a couple as well as individuals throughout our life. We have friends there, we’ve traveled for work there, and we find excuses to keep coming back to explore. Every time, we find new things to do in Chicago and fall in love with it even more!
So we wanted to highlight where to stay, eat, and play in Chicago in this podcast episode.
What are your thoughts on this episode? Have you been to Chicago and have tips? Would you like to hear more USA content on the podcast? Let us know in the comments or you can reach us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Things to do in Chicago:
- 0:16- Intro
- 0:33- Chat/updates
- 3:24- Topic intro
- 5:55- Overall thoughts on Chicago
- 8:36- Where to stay in Chicago
- 11:10- When to visit Chicago
- 14:40- Things to do in Chicago
- 21:25- Top Thing to do in Chicago
- 22:29- Where to eat in Chicago
- 28:34- Best meal in Chicago
- 29:34- Where to drink in Chicago
- 33:24- Biggest surprise about Chicago
- 35:21- Would we go back?
- 36:46- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Getaway House Review
- Want $25 off? Use our code WORLDWIDE25
- 3 Day Chicago Itinerary Blog Post
- 40 USA Bucket List Destinations
- Romantic Weekend Getaway Guide
- Other US destinations for weekends:
- Hotels in Chicago:
- Airbnb. New to Airbnb? Get $40 off!
- Budget: Found Chicago River North Hostel
- Mid-Range: Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Mid-Range: Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
- Luxury: Peninsula Chicago
- Architecture Boat Tour in Chicago
- Food Tour in Chicago
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!