Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
I say this all the time, but Chris and I are super lucky to have a national park within a 20-minute drive from our house. While it is a popular place to visit mainly in the summer months, there are plenty of things to do in Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the winter!
Temperatures get super cold during the months of January and February here in northeast Ohio, but if you bundle up, you can really enjoy Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) at its least visited and most magical time! Whether you want to try snowshoeing for the first time or want to go for a brisk winter hike, we’ve got all the top things to do in CVNP during the winter in this podcast episode!
Have you visited CVNP during the winter months? What are your favorite winter activities? Let us know in the comments or you can tweet us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Things to do in Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the Winter:
- 0:14- Intro
- 0:30- Updates/chat
- 5:45- Highlight of the week
- 9:27- Topic intro: Things to do in Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the winter
- 10:34- #1: Snowshoeing in Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- 14:38- #2: Hiking
- 18:26- #3: Cross-country skiing
- 20:00- #4: Feeding the chickadees at Brecksville Reservation
- 23:08- #5: Skiing and snowboarding
- 25:11- #6: Icefishing
- 27:40- #7: Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
- 29:25- #8: Sledding
- 33:11- Tips for visiting CVNP in the winter
- 36:00- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related blog posts:
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park Winter Guide (From Cleveland Traveler)
- How to Hand Feed Chickadees at Brecksville Nature Center (From Cleveland Traveler)
- Top Gifts for Day Hikers
- Related podcast episodes:
- Travel Used to be My Identity: Where Do I Go From Here?
- Winter Sports Center CVNP
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!