Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
I’ve been visiting the Great Smoky Mountains National Park ever since I was a small child. I’ve hiked, camped, stayed in hotels and cozy cabins, ate all the Southern food, and enjoyed the stunning scenery around me ever since I could walk. This is why we’re focusing this episode on the top Smoky Mountains National Park tips for your next trip!
From things you must do to what not to do, these are the tips you’re going to want to know!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Great Smoky Mountains National Park Tips:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:35- Updates/chat
- 5:50- Highlight of the week
- 11:29- Topic intro: Smoky Mountain National Park Tips
- 12:37- #1: Do stay in a cabin NOT a hotel
- 15:57- #2: Do get up early do NOT sleep in if hiking a popular trail!
- 19:34- #3: Do drive/hike/bike Cades Cove for wildlife NOT just rely on other hiking trails
- 21:35- #4: Do get adventurous do NOT just stick around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg
- 24:32- #5: Do find other hidden gem hiking trails do NOT just stick to popular hikes
- 28:21- #6: Do stay in a place with laundry do NOT wait until you get home
- 30:41- #7: Do try the local cuisine NOT just chain restaurants
- 33:15- #8: Do consider Pottery House Cafe NOT just the Old Mill
- 34:21- #9: Do consider staying for longer than a weekend NOT just 2 days
- 35:58- #10: Do read reviews of some of the attractions you want to visit do NOT just wander into an attraction
- 39:32- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Related Blog Posts:
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Moon Travel Guide
- All Trails
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!