Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Travel isn’t really a thing on the menu right now, but one day, travel will return. And when that happens, we think domestic travel is likely to come back first. So if you’re missing Europe right now, when it is safe to domestically travel again, here are the top US destinations that look like Europe!
From charming Danish villages to sprawling fjords, these are the top ten places in the country that resemble European destinations. No passport needed.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps US Destinations That Look Like Europe:
- 0:16- Intro
- 0:33- Updates/chat
- 3:34- Highlight of the week
- 5:34- Topic intro
- 7:27- #1 of the US Destinations That Look Like Europe: Skagit Valley, Washington resembles Lisse, The Netherlands
- 9:05- #2: Ketchikan, Alaska looks like the fjords of Norway
- 11:36- #3: Solvang, California looks like a Danish village
- 13:51- #4: The Hawaiian islands look like the Azores
- 15:38- #5: Vail, Colorado is the perfect alpine village
- 18:33- #6: New Glarus, Wisconsin is “America’s Little Switzerland”
- 20:25- #7: Epcot has Europe in one place
- 22:58- #8: Helen, Georgia is a slice of Bavaria
- 24:33- #9: Tarpon Springs, Florida is like the Greek islands
- 25:58- #10 of the US Destinations that look like Europe: Santa Barbara, California looks like the French Riviera
- 27:13- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Blog posts:
- Podcast episodes:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!