Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Hopkins Belize is quite a place. Known for its lovely beaches, laid-back vibes, and rich culture, thanks to the Garifuna community residing there, a visit to this part of Belize is sure to please!
We recently got back from Belize with our friends and ended up staying in Hopkins the whole time and took day trips from there. Why? Well, Belize is a really small country, so getting to the other side is definitely doable in a day trip! And, as Hopkins isn’t a huge touristy destination in Belize like San Pedro and San Ignacio are, it is far less crowded!
We enjoyed exploring on day trips and even wandering around this little village of 2,000 people. We met several amazing locals and had some of the best food! So in this podcast episode, we’re going to talk all about Hopkins, Belize and how to plan an amazing trip there!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Travel to Hopkins Belize:
- 0:22- Intro
- 0:42- Updates/chat
- 5:04- Highlight of the week
- 7:24- Topic intro: Hopkins Belize
- 8:00- Thoughts prior to arrival to Hopkins
- 12:18- First impressions of Hopkins
- 20:01- How to get to Hopkins Belize
- 22:23- Where to stay in Hopkins
- 25:39- When to visit Hopkins
- 27:31- Things to do in Hopkins
- 32:20- Day trips from Hopkins
- 35:25- Where to eat and drink
- 48:29- Best meal in Hopkins
- 50:42- Would we go back?
- 52:28- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Other Podcast Episodes:
- Where to Stay: Hopkins Bay Resort
- Top Things to do:
- Wander the town
- Beach day
- Find local gifts
- Bar hop
- Day trips
- Garifuna cultural and culinary adventure
- Drumming class at Lebeha Drumming Center
- Day Trips from Hopkins Belize:
- Great Barrier Reef snorkel
- Xunantunich Mayan ruins (we combined this with cave tubing and St. Herman’s Blue Hole National Park through Untame Belize)
- Cave tubing
- St. Herman’s Blue Hole National Park
- Ziplining and river tubing
- Thatche Caye
- Fly fishing or reef fishing
- ATM Cave
- Big Blue Hole
- Mayan Experience
- Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Reserve
- Where to Eat and Drink:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!