Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
While many of you may know South Africa as a destination for spotting the Big 5 on safari, the scenic city of Cape Town, or even the bustling, business-focused Johannesburg, a stop in the Cape Winelands is a must during your trip. That’s why we created the perfect Cape Winelands tour and itinerary from Cape Town that you’re going to want to steal… and the best part is we’re giving you ALL the details on this podcast episode!
Whether you’re a fan of the classic, dry Cabernet Franc, or a semi-dry Chenin Blanc this podcast is for you. And we absolutely cannot forget South Africa’s iconic wine: Pinotage. Listen as we discuss all of the wineries we visited, our opinions and why we chose those stops on our tour, and the best tips for traveling around the wine region of South Africa.
Also, we want to know: have you been to the Cape Winelands? What is your favorite wine or winery there? Any questions on visiting this region? Reach out to us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email us at [email protected]
Plus, follow us on Vivino (our favorite wine app) to see all of our wine recommendations at @worldwinehoneymoon!
Time Stamps The Perfect Cape Winelands Tour and Itinerary From Cape Town, South Africa:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:33- Topic
- 1:14- Chats/updates
- 6:18- Where to taste wine outside of Cape Town, South Africa
- 11:38- Tips for visiting the Cape Winelands
- 19:40- Wineries we visited during our Cape Winelands tour
- 20:32- Stop #1: Kanonkop Wine Estate
- 24:38- Stop #2: Delheim Wine Estate
- 29:57- Stop #3: Annandale Wines
- 34:00- Stop #4: La Motte Wine Estate
- 36:33- Stop #5: Haute Cabriere Wine
- 38:50- Where to stay in the Cape Winelands
- 43:43- Why we chose this itinerary
- 47:18- Our favorite wineries during our Cape Winelands tour
- 50:11- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Articles about South Africa from the blog:
- Perfect 2-Week South Africa Itinerary
- 1-Day Cape Winelands Itinerary
- Perfect 3 Days in Cape Town Itinerary
- Perfect South African Safari
- Guide to a South African Safari for Beginners
- Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai
- Is South Africa Safe?
- How Much Does An African Safari Cost?
- A Stay at Peech Boutique Hotel in Johannesburg
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in December
- Related Winery Posts:
- Related podcast episodes:
- Breaking news: We are recognized as a Top 10 Couples Travel Podcast!
- Wineries we visited:
- Where to stay in the Cape Winelands:
- Budget in Stellenbosch: Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate– $60 per night. Read reviews and book on TripAdvisor | Booking.com | Agoda
- Mid-Range in Stellenbosch: Lovane Boutique Wine Estate & Guest House– $117 per night. Read reviews and book on TripAdvisor | Booking.com | Agoda
- Mid-Range in Franschhoek: Rickety Bridge Country House– $150 per night. Read reviews and book on TripAdvisor | Booking.com | Agoda
- Luxury in Stellenbosch: Delaire Graff Estate– $950 per night. Read reviews and book on TripAdvisor | Booking.com | Agoda
Find Your Hotel here:
- Top tips for your Cape Winelands tour:
- Hire a driver or go on a group tour
- You can also rent a car BUT make sure someone is a designated driver!
- Travel insurance is a must! Whether you’re driving or not, having travel insurance is smart when traveling internationally. We love World Nomads. They give you a super easy to understand quote and have great plans! Get your quote here!
- For flights to Cape Town, we used Skyscanner. It combines all airlines to get you the real best deal. You can also set alerts and book when the flight price drops! Book your flight to Cape Town here!
- Hop On/Hop Off Cape Town Bus that goes to Constantia
- Our planning tools:
- Wine Tasting in South Africa by Vogue
- Where to Find the Best South African Wine by Wine Enthusiast
- The Best Wineries in South Africa by The Blonde Abroad
- Our favorite wine book that explains things in layman’s terms: Windows on the World Complete Wine Course by Kevin Zraly. Seriously, we LOVE this book and read it before every wine-based trip!
- Where to buy South African wine online:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!
Top 10 Places to Travel to This Fall Around the World - World Wide Honeymoon
Wednesday 2nd of October 2019
[…] Cape Winelands Itinerary […]