Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Can we all agree that a long haul flight is kind of the worst? We’re not talking about the luxurious, first-class suite where they serve endless amounts of caviar and Dom. We’re talking about back-of-the-plane, people snoring loudly, getting knocked with the drink cart, economy class.
Sure, most of us don’t mind this on short flights, but for a flight lasting longer than 8 hours? It definitely puts a damper on travel.
But today on the podcast, we’ve got you covered. We’re giving you all the details on how to survive a long haul flight including a great resource that we use for picking seats every time so that we get a good seat on the plane, how to create your own relaxing zone in your seat, how to deal with flight anxiety, and more!
What do you do during your long haul flights? Let us know in the comments! Also, let us know on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email me at [email protected]. We love hearing from you!
Time Stamps 10 Tips to Survive a Long Haul Flight:
- 0:19- Introduction
- 0:37- Announcement
- 1:21- Topic
- 6:58- Chat/updates
- 11:19- #1 Tip for surviving a long haul flight: Check Seat Guru
- 15:41- #2 Tip: Stay hydrated
- 19:20- #3 Tip: Face masks
- 22:29- #4 Tip: Have plenty of entertainment
- 26:57- #5 Tip: Get good, quality headphones
- 28:39- #6 Tip: Move around and wear compression socks
- 32:42- #7 Tip: Wear comfortable clothing
- 35:32- #8 Tip: Bring snacks
- 38:01- #9 Tip: How to deal with flight anxiety
- 44:04- #10 and final tip for surviving a long haul flight: Use this time to reflect
- 47:57- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Other helpful podcast episodes:
- Blog posts:
- Articles around the web:
- The Science Behind the World’s Longest Flights
- The Ultra Long Haul Flying Era is Here. Are You Ready?
- Pilot Amireh Instagram
- Pilot Amirah Youtube Channel
- Seat Guru
- Our Flying Must-Haves:
- Water bottle: We love S’well and Lifestraw
- Face masks
- Eye masks
- Headphones: Here is the kind I have (Audiotechnica) but I’m dreaming about getting some Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones!
- Compression socks
- Comfortable clothing like leggings or stylish men’s sweatpants, casual shirts for men and women, and a nice sweater or pullover.
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!