Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This includes (but is not limited to) VRBO, TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. Read the full disclosure policy here.
Traveling the world is always an exciting prospect, and while you probably account for flights, hotels, food, etc., there are so many hidden costs and fees associated with travel that we wanted to address on the World Wide Honeymoon Travel Podcast.
So on this week’s episode, we talk about just that. We’re breaking down the top 10 hidden costs of travel that we have encountered during our adventures at home and abroad and what you should do to make sure you aren’t surprised later on. From travel clinic fees to the cost of entertaining yourself during a long layover, we cover it all.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps for Hidden Costs of Travel:
- 0:36- Weekly update/chat
- 5:40- Intro to topic
- 6:18- #1: Travel Clinic/Vaccines
- 10:50- #2: Supplies to buy
- 13:43- #3: Airline fees
- 17:31- #4: Cost of layover
- 20:58- #5: Travel Insurance
- 23:49- #6: Pet Insurance
- 27:23- #7: Transportation
- 31:53- #8: Souvenirs
- 37:05- #9: Tipping
- 41:50- #10: Impulse-buys/scams
- 49:44- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- 25 Hidden Costs of Travel
- Pre-Travel Checklist (Plus a Timeline)!
- Tipping Guide
- Passport Health
- CDC Vaccine Recommendations Guide
- California Honeymoon Guide | 10-Day California Itinerary
- San Diego One-Day Itinerary
- First Timer’s Guide to a South African Safari
- Amex Platinum Review
- World Nomads Travel Insurance
- Ultimate Guide to Travel Insurance
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!