Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Cassie and Nate run the blog and vlog Native Nomads, all about traveling with a purpose, immersing themselves in the local culture, and leaving the world a better place than they’ve found it. Cassie has a film background and together they do promotional videos for non-profits as well as teach other people how to travel more responsibly. They also discuss eco-friendly travel and what you can do to decrease your carbon footprint.
They talk today all about their business and how you can help make the world a better place, find great volunteer opportunities that actually benefit the community, and even how to reduce your waste at home and abroad.
Find our favorite purposeful and eco-friendly travel products on Amazon:
Table of Contents
Time Stamps for Eco-Friendly and Responsible Travel:
- 0:13- Intro & topic
- 0:38- Weekly updates/chat
- 3:30- Intro into Native Nomads and welcome to Cassie & Nate
- 5:30- Cassie & Nate backgrounds and travel experience
- 12:29- Their trips they’ve taken together
- 18:30- Most romantic destinations and their favorite destinations
- 21:43- Native Nomads blog, vlog, and what they do
- 25:05- How to find a volunteering opportunity abroad that you can use your skills
- 28:50- What inspired them to create a plastic-free store
- 31:39- Recommendations for travelers to be eco-friendly
- 38:44- Simplest tip to help during your travels
- 39:44- Destinations for traveling eco-friendly
- 41:41- Eco-friendly sunscreen
- 44:06- Tips for everyday life and the worst offenders of single-use plastic
- 46:54- Perfectly Imperfect Produce
- 48:08- Where to learn more and find them
- 50:22- Wrap-up and how to help
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Cleveland Brewery Article from the introduction
- Where to Find Native Nomads:
- Location Indie Link
- Zero to Travel Episode featuring Shannon O’Donnell on a Beginner’s Guide to Volunteering
- Shannon O’Donnell’s book on volunteering
- Perfectly Imperfect Produce
- Eco-friendly products:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!