Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
From long weekend trips to several-week adventures around the globe, it can be a huge challenge to pack what you need, let alone to travel carry-on only. Our trip to Peru alone we had several climates ranging from tropical rainforest to chilly mountains. However, with our skills in packing for a carry-on over the years, we were able to not check a bag the whole trip and had room for souvenirs!
So today on the podcast, we’re showing you how to do the same! With these top 10 tips to travel carry-on only, we’ll have you packing like a pro for any trip you’ve got coming your way!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps for 10 Tips to Travel Carry-On Only:
- 0:24- Intro
- 1:03- Topic and background on why we only travel with a carry-on
- 5:24- Catch up and updates
- 7:50- Tip #1: Make a packing list
- 11:20- Tip #2: Consider packing cubes
- 14:48- Tip #3: Take advantage of your personal item
- 21:24- Tip #4: Wear your heaviest items on the plane
- 23:45- Tip #5: Rewear non-active items
- 29:00- Tip #6: Mix and match basics
- 32:33- Tip #7: Know what your accommodation provides
- 35:20- Tip #8: Do laundry each week
- 39:22- Tip #9: Learn how to pack
- 45:06- Tip #10: Be mindful of liquids
- 47:43- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Ultimate Packing List for Peru in Just a Carry-On
- How to Save Money on Travel Expenses Podcast Episode
- What to Wear in Paris
- Belize Packing List
- Southeast Asia Packing List
- What to Wear in Europe in Winter
- Must-Haves in our Carry-On Suitcase:
- Our Gear:
- Our favorite carry-on items:
- Always travel with insurance! We love World Nomads!
- Booking flights? Skyscanner combines airlines and gets you the real best deal!
- For hotel reviews and booking, we love TripAdvisor, Booking.com, and Agoda
- And for car rentals, check out Sixt!
- For day trips and tours, check out Get Your Guide!
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!