Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
While on our honeymoon, we fell head over heels for this beautiful city in northern Thailand. There are several must-sees in Chiang Mai including Doi Suthep, the Old City temples, and more. There are also things that are a bit overrated or some things you should know before visiting. So in this podcast episode, we’re talking all about Do This NOT That: Chiang Mai!
From tips for visiting Chiang Mai to the top things you should make time for, find all of the unique, fun, and exciting stuff to do in this incredibly dreamy city in Thailand.
Have more tips for Chiang Mai? What other Do This NOT That episode ideas would you like us to do? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhonymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected].
Time Stamps Do This NOT That: Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:35- Updates/chat
- 5:03- Highlight of the week
- 7:35- Topic intro
- 9:32- #1 of the Do This NOT That: Chiang Mai, Thailand list: DO stay in Nimman NOT the Old City
- 10:53- #2: DO visit Doi Suthep but NOT by walking
- 14:01- #3: DO spend time in the Old City on foot NOT by tuk-tuk
- 15:48- #4: DO go to the Night Bazaar and NOT do a food tour
- 18:50- #5: DO visit between October-April NOT May-September
- 21:15- #6: DO your research on animal encounters and do NOT just book anything
- 24:00- #7: DO time your trip to be there on Sunday and do NOT leave beforehand
- 25:55- #8: DO eat khao soi but NOT at westernized places
- 30:34- #9: DO spend time in cafes and do NOT just get it to go
- 33:00- #10 of the must-sees in Chiang Mai: Do visit pubs and bars in the Old City NOT after 10 pm, though (unless you’re looking to rage)
- 36:13- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- More blog posts on Thailand and Southeast Asia:
- More Thailand Podcast Episodes:
- More Do This NOT That Episodes:
- Where we stayed in Chiang Mai- Akyra Manor Chiang Mai
- Cafes to visit in Chiang Mai:
- Ristr8to Coffee Chiang Mai
- Nine One Coffee
- Jungle de Cafe
- Chom Cafe and Restaurant
- Cargo Cafe
- Catmosphere Cat Cafe
- Smiling Dog Cafe
- SO Animal Cafe
- Khao Soi:
- Khao Soi Kad Gorm (Khao Soi Loong Prakid Gard Gorm)
- Khao Soi Mae Sai
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!