Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Chiang Mai quickly won us over for its amazing food scene (Khao Soi, anyone?), stunning temples, and a much calmer atmosphere than chaotic Bangkok. But if you have extra time, there are so many fantastic day trips from Chiang Mai that are worth checking out!
This week on the podcast, Kat and Chris dive into the top day trips and tours from Chiang Mai. So whether you have a full day to devote to a day trip or just a few hours, there are several great things to do outside of the city of Chiang Mai.
Get the most out of your time in Chiang Mai with these incredible day trips ranging from hiking and waterfalls to visiting wildlife!
Time Stamps Best Day Trips from Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- 0:14- Intro
- 0:30- Topic
- 1:55- Updates/chat
- 3:17- Overview of day trips
- 5:12- Chiang Rai & the White Temple
- 8:56- Sticky Waterfalls
- 11:30- Doi Inthanon National Park
- 12:14- Chiang Mai Grand Canyon
- 14:09- Huay Tung Tao Lake
- 15:01- Which day trips not to take
- 19:48- Thai cooking class
- 28:16- Elephant Nature Park
- 43:13- Wrap up
Helpful Links & Further Reading:
- Read more on the blog:
- Where to stay in Chiang Mai:
- Day Trips:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!