Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
If you’re traveling to Southeast Asia, you have to check out the charms of Chiang Mai. Located in Northern Thailand amidst the mountains and jungle, a trip here is a perfect break from bustling Bangkok. When we traveled here during our honeymoon, we fell in love with the people, the amazing food, and great adventures to be had in and around the city. So today, we’re talking all about travel to Chiang Mai, Thailand!
We’re getting into all of the best places to stay, where to go, things to do, where to eat and drink, and so much more! We ended up spending 4-5 days in Chiang Mai exploring the ins and outs of the city itself as well as took a couple of great day trips. If you’re planning your trip to Thailand, be sure to check out this episode! Also, be sure to check out our Ultimate Chiang Mai, Thailand Guide for more details!
Have you traveled to Chiang Mai? What do you love about it? Is this place on your list?
Time Stamps Travel to Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- 0:17- Intro
- 0:34- Topic
- 2:10- Weekly update/chat
- 6:35- Other Thailand episodes and introducing Chiang Mai
- 7:07-Chris’s thoughts prior to arriving
- 10:17- Kat’s thoughts prior to arriving
- 12:17- Chris’s first impressions
- 15:10- Kat’s first impressions
- 17:00- Where to stay in Chiang Mai
- 25:07- Things to do in Chiang Mai
- 34:42- Where to eat
- 42:23- Best meal in Chiang Mai
- 43:47-Where to drink in Chiang Mai
- 49:28- Best day trips from Chiang Mai
- 1:03:30- Elephant Nature Park
- 1:11:08- Kat’s biggest surprise about Chiang Mai
- 1:12:26- Chris’s biggest surprise about Chiang Mai
- 1:13:56- Would we go back?
- 1:15:07- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Ultimate Chiang Mai, Thailand Guide
- Thailand Honeymoon Guide
- Southeast Asia 3-Week Itinerary
- 10-Day Thailand Budget
- Southeast Asia Budget
- Things to Know Before Traveling to Southeast Asia
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in December
- Most Romantic Things to do in Thailand
- Where to Stay in Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- Where to Eat in Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- Khao Soi Loong Prakid Gard Gorm (or Khao Soi Kad Gorm)
- Khao Soi Mae Sai
- Kao Soy Nimman
- Kebab House Restaurant
- Writer’s Club and Wine Bar
- Mango Tango
- Where to Drink in Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- Zoe in Yellow Bar & Nightclub/Cocktail Bar
- Underground Craft Brewery
- Ristr8to Coffee Chiang Mai
- Nine One Coffee
- Day Trips from Chiang Mai:
- Flight of the Gibbon
- Thai Farm Cooking School
- Elephant Nature Park
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!