Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Welcome to our do this not that: Paris episode!
Paris is a dreamy city. There are definitely iconic sights that you have to see…and some things we feel are overrated. There are people who fall head over heels for Paris…and those that don’t understand the hype.
Trust me, on my first visit to Paris, I tried to pack in so much that I never really understood why everyone was so crazy about this city. Then I revisited Paris and took my time, saw its magic, and fell in love with it. I learned some lessons that I incorporated into our most recent trip to Paris last summer, where I introduced Chris to this lovely place. Needless to say, he fell in love with Paris too.
So in this episode, we’re talking all about the dos and don’ts when visiting the city of lights: Paris! From the best museums to where to eat, this is what to do in Paris to have the best time!
Have more suggestions for do this not that: Paris? Have more city suggestions? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, Instagram message us @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Do This Not That: Paris:
- 0:14- Intro
- 0:32- Updates/chat
- 1:13- Highlight of the week
- 2:58- Topic intro
- 6:51- #1 on the do this not that: Paris edition: DO visit Museum L’Orangerie do NOT visit the Louvre
- 9:39- #2: DO a food tour NOT a city tour
- 13:15- #3: DO Stay in Montmartre or St. Germain NOT near the Louvre or Champs-Elyse
- 15:37- #4: DO walk around and do NOT solely rely on public transportation
- 18:56- #5: DO go to a rooftop bar or Arc du Triomphe NOT the top of the Eiffel Tower
- 21:03- #6: DO go to Les Deux Magots NOT Le Consulat
- 24:39- #7: DO go to Abbey de Saint Germain des Pres NOT Saint Chapelle or Notre Dame
- 26:52- #8: DO get out of Paris NOT to Disneyland
- 30:45- #9: DO go to markets and have a picnic NOT always eat inside
- 33:12- #10 on the do this not that: Paris list: DO be flexible and do NOT overschedule
- 37:10- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Paris Blog Posts:
- Perfect 4 Days in Paris Itinerary (With Hidden Gems!)
- Most Romantic Things to do in Paris
- Best Arrondissements to Stay at in Paris
- Best Times to Visit Paris
- Ultimate Paris Bucket List
- Loire Valley Day Trip Itinerary
- Visiting Paris in January
- Tips for Visiting Paris in May
- How Much Does a Trip to Paris Cost?
- What to Wear in Paris (Plus What NOT to Wear)
- Paris in a Day
- Best France Honeymoon Destinations
- Paris Podcast Episodes:
- Le Marais Secret Food Tour tickets
- Loire Valley day trip we booked
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!