Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Chris and I have noticed a bit of a pattern when it comes to our travels: we tend to gravitate toward bucket list wildlife encounters more so than cities.
Okay, we LOVE visiting cities like Paris, Budapest, etc., but when there is a chance to spot a jaguar lazily sunning herself on the banks of a river in the Amazon or even to be amongst several lions in the middle of the wilderness on safari in Africa, we are totally there!
What could be better than seeing an animal in its natural state in some beautiful place in the world?
This is why for those fellow animal lovers out there we have created this amazing bucket list wildlife encounters episode! From spotting polar bears from a tundra buggy to an elephant on safari, these are the top 10 animals you can see in the wild!
Which animals have you seen in the wild? Which would you like to see? Let us know in the comments or you can tweet us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Bucket List Wildlife Encounters:
- 0:19- Intro
- 0:35- Updates/chat
- 3:07- Highlight of the week
- 7:58- Topic intro
- 13:48- #1: Jaguar in the Amazon Rainforest
- 17:17- #2: African elephants on safari
- 19:22- #3: Lion on safari
- 22:36- #4: Emperor penguins in Antarctica
- 24:05- #5: Mountain gorilla in Uganda/Rwanda/Democratic Republic of the Congo
- 26:19- #6: Tiger safari in India
- 29:20- #7: Walrus in the Arctic
- 31:06- #8: Orangutans in Borneo
- 33:49- #9: Mantis shrimp in the tropics
- 38:14- #10: Polar bear safari in Churchill, Canada
- 39:50- Honorable mentions
- 43:13- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related blog posts:
- Related podcast episodes:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!