Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Today’s episode is all about Americans and travel. Not right now, but when travel was a big thing. As Americans who travel abroad frequently, we definitely notice how other people perceive us after we answer the inevitable question, “So…where are you from?”
I’m not saying it’s a bad reaction. Sometimes it is a fascination about the US. Most of the time the conversation steers toward politics. But we’re taking the time to reflect on some thoughts about America, Americans, and travel recently.
In this episode, we’re asking questions like is the US a desirable country to visit? How has travel changed our perspective as Americans? And even are Americans desirable tourists?
Time Stamps Americans and Travel:
- 0:23- Intro
- 0:39- Updates/chat (Giveaway heads up!)
- 4:17- Highlight of the week
- 8:44- Topic intro: Americans and travel
- 11:30- How has travel changed your perceptions?
- 26:43- Is America a desirable destination for travelers?
- 35:59- Are Americans desirable tourists in other countries?
- 46:30- Wrap up: let us know your thoughts!
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!