Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
When it comes to anniversaries, did you know there are both modern and traditional wedding anniversary gifts each year? However, some things like “bronze” or “clock” really don’t sound like appealing gifts. That’s why we came up with the best modern and traditional wedding anniversary gifts for traveling couples!
If you love to travel, why not tailor those anniversary gifts around that? Take a trip or purchase a travel-themed present that relates to the modern or traditional wedding anniversary year instead! So in this podcast episode, we’re outlining the modern and traditional wedding anniversary gifts for years 1-10 and giving you ideas for gifts and destinations to celebrate that year with!
Which anniversary is coming up for you? How do you incorporate travel into your wedding anniversary gifts? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Modern and Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Traveling Couples:
- 0:23- Intro
- 0:39- Updates/chat
- 3:28- Highlight of the week
- 6:47- Topic intro
- 8:37- Year 1 traditional and modern wedding anniversary gifts
- 11:56- Year 2
- 16:08- Year 3
- 19:35- Year 4
- 23:03- Year 5
- 28:08- Year 6
- 31:56- Year 7
- 35:33- Year 8
- 39:18- Year 9
- 42:44- Year 10 of the traditional and modern wedding anniversary gifts
- 47:31- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Top Gifts for Traveling Couples Podcast Episode
- Holiday Gifts for Couple Travelers
- The Best Honeymoon Registry Gifts
- The Knot Modern and Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- Modern and Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Traveling Couples:
- Year 1 Traditional (Paper): Visit Amazon Rainforest or the Cooking Light Global Kitchen Cookbook
- Year 1 Modern (Clock): Visit Prague or purchase a replica of the Prague Astronomical Clock
- Year 2 Traditional (Cotton): Visit India or Cotton Travel Map
- Year 2 Modern (China): Go to China or Bamboo steamers and make Chinese food (Woks of Life has great recipes)!
- Year 3 Traditional (Leather): Celebrate in Italy or Leather travel bag
- Year 3 Modern (Crystal/Glass): Visit Innsbruck, Austria or mine your own crystals in Arkansas
- Year 4 Traditional (Fruit or Flowers): Hitachi Seaside Park in Japan or Flower Map
- Year 4 Modern (Electrical Appliances): Albany, New York or purchase a wine fridge
- Year 5 Traditional (Wood): Trip to Redwood National Park or purchase a wooded plant (i.e. small tree)
- Year 5 Modern (Silverware): Visit France or bamboo reusable utensils
- Year 6 Traditional (Iron): Australia or iron wine rack
- Year 6 Modern (Wood Objects): Elephant Nature Park in Thailand or Wood Map
- Year 7 Traditional (Copper/Wool): Chile or marino wool shirt
- Year 7 Modern (Desk Set): Philadelphia or personalized globe for desk
- Year 8 Traditional (Bronze/Pottery): Visit Greece or purchase a Greek vase replica
- Year 8 Modern (Linen/Lace): Chantilly, France or a lace sachet bag
- Year 9 Traditional (Willow): Disney World or wicker picnic basket
- Year 9 Modern (Leather): Morocco or leather passport holders
- Year 10 Traditional (Tin/Aluminum): United Kingdom or star map
- Year 10 Modern (Diamonds): Antwerp, Belgium or travel blanket (from a country you’ve visited)!
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!