Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Let’s talk about travel to Annecy, France!
If one were to ask me what my favorite city in France is, it wouldn’t be Paris. Yes, I absolutely adore Paris, but my heart will always belong to the Rhone-Alpes.
From the moment I laid eyes upon Annecy, I immediately fell in love. Its charming old town with Medieval architecture, the romantic canals full of ducks and geese lazily swimming along, and the most beautiful alpine lake with craggy mountains on the other side make this city one of the dreamiest places I’ve ever visited. I seriously can’t get enough.
So in this podcast episode, I’m talking with Chris all about the amazing things to do in Annecy, where to stay, where to eat, and an incredible day trip to the Savoie wine region.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Travel to Annecy, France:
- 0:20- Intro
- 0:37- Updates/chat
- 8:27- Topic intro: Travel to Annecy, France
- 9:28- Thoughts prior to arrival
- 13:31- First impressions
- 15:28- How to get to Annecy
- 17:26- Where to stay in Annecy
- 19:44- When to visit Annecy
- 23:07- Things to do in Annecy
- 35:22- Where to eat in Annecy
- 38:12- Best meal in Annecy
- 38:36- For a first timer, should they visit Paris or Annecy?
- 39:47- Would I go back and what would I do next time?
- 41:24- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Related Blog Posts:
- Getting to Annecy:
- 4-hour train from Paris
- 2-hour train from Lyon
- 1-hour train from Geneva
- Where to Stay in Annecy:
- Book a hiking/wine tour with Bernard at [email protected]
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!