Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
We’re wrapping up our 2 weeks in a continent series, and this week, we’re talking all about how to spend 2 weeks in Australia and Oceania!
If you’re just tuning in to our podcast, we have a new series up all about how to spend 2 weeks on a particular continent. Why 2 weeks? Well, that is often the amount of time people are able to get away!
In this episode, we’re diving into Australia and Oceania and creating 2 separate itineraries on how we feel is the best way to explore this continent! From exploring the Great Barrier Reef to hiking in New Zealand, there is so much to do!
Time Stamps: 2 Weeks in Australia and Oceania:
- 0:21- Intro
- 0:38- Updates/chat
- 11:10- Highlight of the week
- 13:39- Topic intro: 2 weeks in Australia and Oceania
- 17:07- Chris’s approach to creating his 2 weeks in Australia and Oceania itinerary
- 21:08- Chris’s 2 week Australia and Oceania itinerary: Australia (Port Douglas/Daintree Rainforest/Great Barrier Reef and Melbourne), New Zealand (Auckland, Queenstown, and day trips), and Fiji
- 32:51- Kat’s approach to creating her 2 weeks in Australia and Oceania itinerary
- 36:47- Kat’s 2 week Australia and Oceania itinerary: New Zealand 1-week road trip (Christchurch, Banks Peninsula, Lake Tekapo, Mount Cook National Park, Queenstown, Milford Sound, Wanaka, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier, Kaikoura, and ending in Christchurch) and Australia (Cairns/Great Barrier Reef/Daintree and Sydney)
- 48:38- What did we try to fit in that wouldn’t work?
- 51:02- What would we take out to make it slower?
- 53:42- What did we learn?
- 58:37- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Perfect Australia and New Zealand Trip Podcast Episode
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in North America
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in South America
- 2 Weeks in Europe
- 2 Weeks in Africa
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in Asia
- Best Honeymoon Destinations For Adventurous Couples
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!