Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
I’ll never forget hearing one of the most commonly told travel myths, “Isn’t travel unsafe?”
It was from my family as I was about to embark on a 5-week solo trip around Europe after I graduated from university. Honestly, I didn’t expect to go on this trip alone. However, as none of my friends could take off 5 weeks to join me, and I knew the following summer I’d be studying for my CPA exam, it was now or never. So I chose now.
Was is unsafe? Not really. In fact, I’ve felt safer traveling than at home for the most part.
But that isn’t the only travel myth out there. In fact, there are many. So whether you are afraid to get out there and travel more because of these myths or you are trying to answer well-meaning friends and family members, we’re addressing the top travel myths we’ve heard and explaining why they’re totally wrong.
Time Stamps 10 Travel Myths:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:36- Updates/chat
- 9:22- Highlight of the week
- 12:09- Topic intro
- 14:42- #1 of the top travel myths: Travel is expensive
- 18:10- #2: I’ll always be able to travel
- 22:07- #3: Travel is dangerous
- 26:10- #4: You can’t travel with kids
- 30:11- #5: Travel means going somewhere far away
- 31:49- #6: I will struggle if they don’t speak English
- 35:23- #7: You needs lots of time to travel
- 39:26- #8: I want to travel, but it’ll be lonely
- 43:32- #9: I want to travel, but there is only one way to travel…and it isn’t me
- 47:37- #10: There isn’t any benefit to travel
- 51:15- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Blog Posts:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Revenge Travel Will Be All The Rage
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!