Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Want to fly business class on your honeymoon? What about staying at a 5-star resort? However, after wedding planning, that probably seems terribly expensive! We’re going to teach you how to travel hack your honeymoon so you can do this for almost nothing!
Chris and I discovered the magic of travel hacking, or the art of collecting miles and points to stay and fly places for almost no money, around the same time we started wedding planning. And it turns out, it is the best time to begin travel hacking!
So in this podcast episode we’re giving you a breakdown on why it is a great time to start travel hacking, tips, best travel credit cards to open, and even our strategy that we used to earn enough miles to fly business class round-trip to Southeast Asia for our honeymoon for $60 each.
What travel hacking tips do you have? Have you started collecting miles and points? Let us know in the comments or you can tweet us @wwhoneymoon, message us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps How To Travel Hack Your Honeymoon:
- 0:17- Intro
- 0:34- Updates/chat
- `2:57- Highlight of the week
- 8:15- Topic intro
- 10:33- Why wedding planning is a great time to start travel hacking
- 20:20- Best cards for travel hacking your honeymoon
- 30:04- Tips to get started travel hacking your honeymoon
- 43:22- Timeline for opening cards for your honeymoon
- 45:27- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Relevant Podcast Episodes:
- Relevant Blog Posts:
- Best Credit Cards For Your Wedding and Honeymoon
- How Many Miles Have We Earned
- Is Business Class Worth It
- 3 Cards You Need to Fly Business Class to Southeast Asia
- Top Rules for Travel Hacking
- How Opening Credit Cards Affect Your Credit
- Why Wedding Planning is the Best Time to Start Travel Hacking
- How to Get Lounge Access
- Best Credit Card for Beginners
- 5 Travel Credit Card Perks (That Aren’t Miles)
- How to Qualify for a Business Card
- Credit Card Recommendations:
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!