Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Savannah, Georgia may not be a hidden gem destination, but it certainly is worth a visit! That’s why we have an incredible Savannah travel guide for you in this podcast episode!
Smaller and less crowded than New Orleans, and close to incredible beaches like Tybee Island, Savannah is a place that everyone should visit at least once.
In this episode, we’re talking all about where to stay, eat, and play in this smaller city in Georgia! Would you visit Savannah?
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Savannah Travel Guide:
- 0:12- Intro
- 0:30- Updates/chat
- 4:45- Highlight of the week
- 11:03- Topic intro: Savannah travel guide
- 12:12- Thoughts prior to visiting Savannah, Georgia
- 15:17- First impressions of Savannah, Georgia
- 17:44- Getting there and getting around
- 20:07- Where to stay in Savannah
- 24:09- When to visit Savannah
- 25:46- Things to do in Savannah
- 34:49- Where to eat and drink in Savannah
- 42:47- Best meal in Savannah
- 43:05- Would I go back?
- 44:56- Tips for Savannah
- 45:27- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Related Blog Posts:
- Where to Stay:
- Things to do:
- Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist
- Forsyth Park
- Explore the squares such as Columbia Square, Oglethorpe Square, Reynold’s Square, and Chippewa Square
- Wander River Street and City Market
- Go on a haunted pub crawl
- Take this epic food tour
- Visit Bonaventure Cemetery or go on a tour to Bonaventure Cemetery and Wormsloe Historic Site
- Hop-On/Hop-Off Trolley Tour
- Where to Eat and Drink:
- Collins Quarter
- Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room
- Sorry Charlie’s
- Cafe M
- Leopold’s Ice Cream
- Crystal Beer Parlor
- The Grey
- Abe’s on Lincoln
- Pack bug spray! We love Badger Balm!
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!