Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Looking for the easiest national parks you can visit in a weekend trip?
There are several incredible national parks in our country. And sure, you could visit any of them within a weekend trip. But some are more difficult to get to involving a flight plus some longer drive times. While you can definitely squeeze in some shorter hikes, some just aren’t worth the trip for only a couple of days.
However, there are many parks in the US that are not too far from a good-sized airport, making it much easier to visit quickly! There are also smaller national parks that you can see quite a bit within a 2-day trip! So that is why, after returning from our latest trip to Shenandoah National Park, we’re inspired to share the top 12 national parks you can easily visit in a weekend.
Which national parks have you visited? Which would you visit in a weekend? Let us know in the comments or you can reach us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps National Parks You Can Visit in a Weekend Trip:
- 0:20- Intro
- 0:37- Updates/chat
- 6:47- Highlight of the week
- 7:16- Topic intro
- 10:11- #1 of the national parks you can visit in a weekend: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 12:19- #2: Shenandoah National Park
- 16:39- #3: Mammoth Cave National Park
- 19:50- #4: Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- 23:34- #5: Mt Rainier National Park
- 25:34- #6: Hot Springs National Park
- 27:58- #7: Joshua Tree National Park
- 31:44- #8: New River Gorge National Park
- 34:37- #9: Everglades National Park
- 36:58- #10: Congaree National Park
- 43:18- #11: Olympic National Park
- 46:40- #12: Grand Canyon National Park
- 49:50- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Relevant Blog Posts:
- Relevant Podcast Episodes:
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Tour options for Mammoth Cave
- Mt Rainier Day Trip Tour
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!