Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Looking for the easiest national parks you can visit in a weekend trip?
There are several incredible national parks in our country. And sure, you could visit any of them within a weekend trip. But some are more difficult to get to involving a flight plus some longer drive times. While you can definitely squeeze in some shorter hikes, some just aren’t worth the trip for only a couple of days.
However, there are many parks in the US that are not too far from a good-sized airport, making it much easier to visit quickly! There are also smaller national parks that you can see quite a bit within a 2-day trip! So that is why, after returning from our latest trip to Shenandoah National Park, we’re inspired to share the top 12 national parks you can easily visit in a weekend.
Which national parks have you visited? Which would you visit in a weekend? Let us know in the comments or you can reach us on Twitter @wwhoneymoon, Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email [email protected]
Table of Contents
Time Stamps National Parks You Can Visit in a Weekend Trip:
- 0:20- Intro
- 0:37- Updates/chat
- 6:47- Highlight of the week
- 7:16- Topic intro
- 10:11- #1 of the national parks you can visit in a weekend: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 12:19- #2: Shenandoah National Park
- 16:39- #3: Mammoth Cave National Park
- 19:50- #4: Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- 23:34- #5: Mt Rainier National Park
- 25:34- #6: Hot Springs National Park
- 27:58- #7: Joshua Tree National Park
- 31:44- #8: New River Gorge National Park
- 34:37- #9: Everglades National Park
- 36:58- #10: Congaree National Park
- 43:18- #11: Olympic National Park
- 46:40- #12: Grand Canyon National Park
- 49:50- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Relevant Blog Posts:
- Relevant Podcast Episodes:
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Tour options for Mammoth Cave
- Mt Rainier Day Trip Tour
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Saturday 26th of February 2022
If you’re desperate to see some river otters, head up to Michigan. I’ve spent many, many summers kayaking the Lower Platte River (Honor, MI) and Crystal River (Glen Arbor, MI), both of which are located in the northwest region of the lower peninsula, and see them every time! Still on the lookout for those spotted ones though, I hear they’re a bit more shy 🙃
Friday 4th of March 2022
Thanks for the tip Lina! It'd be so fun to see!
Tuesday 1st of February 2022
Ain't no way you are doing olympic national park in two ways. Not unless you're on Crack
Wednesday 2nd of February 2022
Hi Mitch! Thanks for tuning in! We, of course, don't suggest doing everything in the national park in 2 days. But it is definitely possible to see a few of the sights. :)