Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
How does one even begin to create their African safari budget?
Well, most of the time, you either check out various tour groups and book with them, or, if you want customization and to go at your own pace, you usually have to reach out to a safari planner.
And with that, embrace the sudden inflow of calls and emails with safari companies asking questions and trying to get you to book through them. We get it. It’s their job to bring in sales. But wouldn’t it be nice to know some information and create an African safari budget before you reach out to a company?
That’s where this episode comes in! We’re giving you all the details on what to expect when paying for a safari. In this guide, we’ll talk about costs of lodges, tips to save money, cost of tours and going through a safari planner, and even how much we’ve spent on our own safaris.
Time Stamps African Safari Budget Guide:
- 0:20- Intro
- 0:37- Updates/chat
- 8:36- Topic intro: How to make an African safari budget
- 13:56- Where can you go on safari?
- 17:27- What type of safari do you want?
- 20:12- Tour costs and lodging costs
- 29:11- Recommended travel companies
- 31:20- How to find the right company for you
- 35:58- Why choosing a travel company for your safari is beneficial
- 38:39- Factors that go into a safari cost
- 43:20- How much have we spent on a safari?
- 50:52- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- How Much Does An African Safari Cost?
- First Timer’s Guide to Planning a South African Safari Podcast
- Guide to a South African Safari
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in South Africa
- Who we’ve worked with in the past for our safaris: Safari 365 and Go2Africa
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!