Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
We’ve all seen it. Couples looking all sexy and snuggly together while lounging by the pool on Instagram. It’s hard not to compare. But there is definitely an unsexy side to traveling as a couple.
While that photo made the cut to go on a highlight reel to show to the world, it doesn’t paint the whole story. It doesn’t show you the food poisoning one of them maybe had the other day or the argument on how many photos they should take that took place moments before that snap.
Instagram isn’t real life after all. So in this podcast episode, we’re talking about some of our unsexy travel moments! While it doesn’t always appear on our social media, there are many embarrassing moments and occasional now-hilarious arguments that go on behind the scenes.
Because, traveling as a couple isn’t always perfect. But it is always a great experience to have together!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Unsexy Side of Traveling as a Couple:
- 0:15- Intro
- 0:33- Updates/chat
- 3:30- Highlight of the week
- 6:14- Topic intro: Unsexy side of traveling as a couple
- 10:14- #1: All the stomach issues on our honeymoon
- 12:38- #2: Being dehydrated in France
- 16:31- #3: Jetlagged in Seoul
- 20:51- #4: Taking photos and dodging cars
- 24:30- #5: Getting peed on by a monkey on safari
- 29:24- #6: The bumpy boat ride to Koh Lipe
- 33:53- #7: Arguing outside a bagel shop in New York
- 36:40- #8: An unfortunate incident with a plane, a toilet, and bad turbulence
- 38:11- #9: Being clumsy in Cusco
- 41:12- #10: Not enough water on Table Mountain
- 43:56- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Why You Should Travel Together as a Couple
- Why You Can (And Should) Travel Solo While in a Relationship
- Top Travel Memories (Plus Embarrassing Moments) Podcast Episode
- Top Tips For Surviving a Road Trip Together as a Couple
- Our Top Travel Wish List Do-Overs
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!