Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Let’s talk about travel to Chautauqua Lake, NY!
This place, located in Western, NY, and is kind of a hidden gem.
While back in the day it was a summer playground to many of the nation’s wealthy, it is still a popular place for locals and other people in the area. The lake itself is stunning, and there are plenty of things to do including getting out on the lake, visiting Lake Erie Wine Country, and enjoying a stay at a nice hotel along the shore.
So in this podcast episode, we’re talking about where to stay and explore near Chautauqua Lake!
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Travel to Chautauqua Lake, NY:
- 0:18- Intro
- 0:35- Updates/chat
- 12:03- Topic intro: Travel to Chauatauqua Lake, NY
- 12:29- Thoughts prior to arrival
- 14:28- First impressions
- 16:47- How to get there
- 17:54- Where to stay
- 18:57- When to visit
- 20:35- Things to do in Chautauqua Lake
- 30:09- Best meal at Chautauqua Lake, NY
- 32:31- Would we go back?
- 34:38-Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Things to do in Chautauqua New York
- Geneva Wineries
- Genvea Wineries Podcast Episode
- Where we stayed: Chautauqua Harbor Hotel
- Things to do:
- Chautauqua Belle
- Bemus Point
- Souther Tier Brewing Company
- Lake Erie Wineries
- Hiking: Long Point State Park, Panama Rocks, Audubon Community Nature Center
- National Comedy Center
- Chautauqua Institution
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Thank you to Chautauqua Harbor Hotel for hosting us this weekend. All opinions are our own.